OverviewBack to top
Shipping plays a vital role in any Ecommerce store until the customer receives their products hands-on. That's how shipping is powerful enough to make or break your business in multiple ways. Depending on business type, shipping charges may vary according to product type, height, weight, and distance. Default Magento 2 comes with some built-in shipping methods like Flat rate that allows you to set fixed shipping rates regardless of product weight, size, and length. But charging your customers with the fixed shipping rate makes them feel unfair if your customer is not far from your nearby store or warehouse. To reduce cart abandonment & to turn your customer into a happy returning customer, you need to make use of distance-based shipping method that allows you to charge your customer based on distance from their nearby warehouse/store/inventory.
Distance Based Shipping Extension for Magento 2 by MageComp allows the store owner to charge shipping based on distance from their warehouse to the customer’s location. The extension uses the Official Google Map API for calculating distance & shipping from the warehouse to the destination. Using backend options, the admin can set distance unit and shipping charges as per need. Also, the admin can set the minimum and maximum order amount to enable distance shipping method in the store frontend. The extension comes with a backend grid to manage different store warehouse.
Account & Pricing:
Note: Google Map API is not Free, depending on your business needs, you can purchase a plan from Google.
To make use of this extension, you need to have the Google Map API Key. If you don't have a Google account, you can create a new one and signup for API. To start using the extension, enter your Google Map API credentials into store backend for connecting your Magento 2.x store with Google Map services.
- Backend option to enable or disable the extension.
- The extension uses an official Google Map API to calculate distance from the warehouse to the customer's location.
- You can set custom title and shipping method name to display in the store frontend.
- Backend option to set custom error message for unavailability of distance-based shipping method.
- The admin can enable the distance-based shipping method for all or selected countries if need.
- Option to assign the sort order for the distance-based shipping method to display on the top.
- The admin can set the preferred distance unit either in...
- Kilometers/Meters or
- The store admin can set minimum & maximum order amount to enable distance-based shipping in the frontend.
- From the store backend dynamic field, you can set different distance unit range and its shipping charges.
- The admin can set the maximum distance shipping area unit & if the shipping distance exceeds to that limit it will automatically get disabled in the store frontend.
- Backend Warehouse Manager Grid to set up an unlimited number of warehouse/inventory to serve nearby shipment facility.
- On the frontend, whenever the customer adds their address while checkout, the extension will automatically calculate distance from selected warehouse and charges shipping accordingly.
How it Works:
Once you have integrated this extension, enable it from the backend. It's time to set a shipping method title, description, and unavailability message. Choose the option to enable a distance-based shipping method for all countries or specific countries based on your requirements. After that, you need to enter your Google Map API Credentials to make use of this extension. Now select your preferred distance area unit and define different shipping range and charges for the same. You can also set a minimum & maximum order amount or maximum distance area unit to restrict the use of distance-based shipping method. After that, navigate to backend warehouse manager grid to add your different warehouse & its address. Once you configured the extension, your customer will able to select their nearby warehouse. And, the extension will automatically calculate distance from the selected warehouse and charges shipping accordingly.
Have a Look at Our Live Extension Demo:
Have a Technical issue with our Extension? We are here to Help!
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.2, 2.3
19 August, 2019
Extensions, Shipping & Fulfillment
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor