Cancel Order extension by MageComp allows the store customers to cancel the "Processing" status of orders from the frontend and then send an email notification to the admin.
OverviewBack to top
There are times when your customer is not happy and they want to cancel their order. There are many reasons for cancelling such as ordering the wrong products, finding the same product at a lower price somewhere else or not wanting the products anymore. Default Magento 2 doesn’t allow the customers to cancel their orders from the frontend. This means your customer must contact the admin every time whenever they want to cancel their orders. Keeping this complicated order cancellation process will become painful for your customers. Some customers may even void ordering on stores where the ordering and the cancelling process is not so easy. As a store owner, you must allow your customer to cancel their order from frontend at any time to save their time and efforts by serving seamless shopping experience. Also, doing this will help you to win your customer trust and turn them into happy returning customers!
Cancel Order Extension for Magento 2 by MageComp allows your store customers to quickly cancel the 'Processing' status orders from the frontend and then send email notifications regarding the order cancellations. The extension will help you to bypass the limitation of Magento 2 and allow your customers to quickly cancel their orders by specifying a reason. Also, the admin can view the list of all cancelled orders using the backend grid along with the customer specified reason.
Note: The extension only allows the customer to cancel the 'Processing' status of orders from the frontend. Remaining orders can be cancelled from the backend manually as per default Magento 2 functionality.
- Backend option to enable or disable the extension.
- You can also change the frontend “cancel order” button title if needed.
- Backend settings to configure frontend order cancellation popup.
- Option to enable popup set a custom title and custom not to display in frontend order cancellation popup.
- The admin can add multiple common order cancellation reasons from the backend.
- Moreover, you can enable this extension for specific customer groups if needed.
- Email settings to set custom email sender & an order cancellation notification template for both the admin and customer.
- The extension will display the "Cancel Order" button in frontend my account section.
- Once you have configured the extension, your customer will able to cancel only "Processing" status orders from the frontend by specifying the reason if the admin has enabled frontend popup else the extension will directly cancel the order without any further interaction.
- The admin can use backend grid to list of all cancelled orders at once using the backend grid.
How It Works:
After installing this extension inside your Magento 2 store, you need to enable it from the backend. Change the frontend button title if required. Now you can enable the order cancellation popup, it's not compulsory, but it will help you to know why your customers are cancelling their orders. After that, you can set custom popup title, custom note and set commonly occurred order cancellation reasons for same. There is an option to enable cancellation popup for specific customer group you can use that if needed. Lastly, set email sender and template that you want to use for sending order cancellation email notifications.
Once you have configured the extension, on frontend extension will display the "Cancel Order" button in "My Orders" section. On click of that button, the extension will open a popup where the customer can specify the reason why he or she wants to cancel their order if the admin has enabled popup. Else the extension will directly cancel the order without any further interaction.
Live Extension Demo:
Have a Technical issue with our Extension? We are here to Help!
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build