OverviewBack to top
Many times while online shopping, to save time your customer uses a guest functionality to complete their order. Also, such guest orders can not be tracked or viewed by your customer even if they logged in to their account. To their order status, they raise a ticket or try to contact you to know updates. However, they can use the guest order tracking forms provided by default Magento 2. But granting such order access to your respective customers can save your time and efforts from replying individually.
Assign Order to Customer extension by MageComp allows the store customer to retrieve access to their guest checkout orders. It will display one tab under their account section where they can enter their order number and get rights for that order. But, the extension will only let your customer get access if the order is placed with their same email id else it shows an error message to your customer. Also, such assigned orders can be viewed from the backend admin under the hood of comments.
- Backend option to enable or disable the extension.
- It displays separate tab in frontend as "assign order" in the customer account section to retrieve access.
- If the customer enters the email id which is not associated with that order, it shows the error message at the top.
- Also, it displays an error message for unmatched order records.
- Your customer will able to find the order details once it is assigned to them.
- Also, admin can view order assign activity from the backend for a particular order as comments.
- Completely open source & does not affect any core files.
- The extension works flawlessly across all browsers without any issue.
- No programming skills are required for installation.
How It Works:
After installing this extension inside your Magento 2 store, you need to enable it from the backend. On the frontend, your logged-in customer will able to find a separate tab using which they can assign their guest checkout order to themselves. If the order is placed using different email id then the extension will display an error message for it. Once the order is assigned to the customer, they will able to find that order details under their "My Orders" tab.
Have a Technical issue with our extension? We are here to Help!
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
07 January, 2020
Extensions, Shipping & Fulfillment
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor