Order attachments extension provides the facility to add files as an attachment to the order.
OverviewBack to top
Many times there are some documents associated with orders like logos, design files, screenshots, images, and photos. If the admin attaches them as an attachment of the order, it will help the admin to process such types of orders. This extension is also known as order memos and attachmentss.
Using Order Attachments extension, customers can add attachment files to the orders during the checkout process or after the checkout process. If the customer forgets to provide the attachment file during checkout, he/she can add the attachment file to the order from the order view page.
When you store order-related information in several places, it is easy to lose something and difficult to find the necessary data. With the order attachments extension, it will be very easy to find order information and difficult to lose, as all the information (files, photos,etc.) will be attached to corresponding orders.
The files/attachments can be added from:
- Order checkout - order review step.
- Customer account - order view section.
- Magento admin - order view section.
List of what can be configured via admin:
- The maximum allowed file size.
- List of allowed file types.
- Allows customer to delete the uploaded file or not.
- Receive the notification when the customer adds/edit attachment or not.
- The email address on which admin want to receive the emails.
- Select email template for the notification email.
- The admin and customer can add comments to uploaded attachment.
- The admin can mark the attachment as hidden
- The admin and customer both can remove the uploaded attachment.
- Allows adding multiple files in one order from order view page.
FAQ - Common questions about Order Attachments
Question:- Can the user/admin delete an attached file?
Answer: - Yes, the user and admin both can delete attached file.
Question: - Which file types are allowed for the attachment?
Answer: - The default file types allowed for the order attachments are jpg, jpeg, gif, BMP. If the admin wants to allow another\ file type, there is setting for this in the admin area.
Question: - Is there any configuration for maximum file size?
Answer: - Yes, settings given to define maximum file size. The default setting for maximum file size is 50MB.
Question: - Can a user add multiple files at a time in checkout page?
Answer: - No, the user can only add a single file at a time, but if user wants to add more files for an order then after placing the order, the user can add other files from order view page.
Question: - Can I run this on my staging and development site, too?
Answer: - Yes, this module works for staging as well as the live site.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.0 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
- Compatible with CE: 2.0 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
- Initial Release
- Initial stable M2 release
- Bug fixes
- One Step Checkout compatibility
- Add loader while file is uploading
- Send email when customer or admin change order attachment