Order attachments extension provides the facility to add files as an attachment to the order.
OverviewBack to top
Many times there are some documents associated with the orders like logos, design files, screenshots, images, photos and if you got them as an attachment of the order, then it will help you to process such type of order. This extension is also known as order memos and attachments.
Using order attachments extension, customers can add attachment files to orders during checkout process as well as after checkout process.In case, if the customer forgets to provide the attachment file during checkout then, he/she can add attachment file to order from order view page.
When you store order-related information in several places, it is easy to lose something and difficult to find the necessary data. With order attachments extension it will be very easy to find order information and difficult to lose, as all the information (files, photos,etc.) will be attached to corresponding orders.
FAQ - Common questions about Order Attachments
Question: - Can admin add an attachment file in order?
Answer: - Yes, admin can add an attachment in existing orders.
Question:- Can user/admin delete an attached file?
Answer: - Yes, user and admin both can delete attached file.
Question: - Which file types are allowed for attachment?
Answer: - Default file type allowed for order attachment are jpg, jpeg, gif, BMP. In case admin wants to allow another file type then there is setting for this in the admin area.
Question: - Is there any configuration for maximum file size?
Answer: - Yes, settings given to define maximum file size. The default setting for maximum file size is 50MB.
Question: - Can a user add multiple files at a time in checkout page?
Answer: - No, the user can only add a single file at a time but in case the user wants to add more files for an order then after placing the order, the user can add other files from order view page.
Question: - Can I run this on my staging and development site, too?
Answer: - Yes, this module works for staging as well as the live site.
The files/attachments can be added from
- Order checkout - order review step.
- Customer account - order view section.
- Magento admin - order view section.
List of what can be configured via admin
- The maximum allowed file size.
- List of allowed file types.
- Allow customer to delete the uploaded file or not.
- Receive the notification when the customer adds/edit attachment or not.
- The email address on which admin want to receive the emails.
- Select email template for the notification email.
- Admin and customer can add comments to uploaded attachment.
- Admin can mark the attachment as hidden
- Admin and customer both can remove the uploaded attachment.
- Can add multiple files in one order from order view page.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.0 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
- Initial Release
- Initial stable M2 release
- Bug fixes
- One Step Checkout compatibility
- Add loader while file is uploading
- Send email when customer or admin change order attachment