News extension allows you to display your media coverage on your website.
OverviewBack to top
It is a fact that getting featured in any newspaper or on digital media can attract visitors to your online store. If your website gets featured, then you want to show it to your customers. Using this extension, the admin can post the news articles on the website. THey can also create categories and publish articles along with the image.
The news extension will help you make your store more interactive and will keep your visitors updated with the latest business updates, developments, and achievements. The opportunity to comment on the news, as well as integration with social networks like Google+, Facebook, and Twitter.
When you enable this extension, it will provide you the functionality to create categories and articles as per your needs. You can create article/blog, add a photo of the newspaper/magazine or the screenshot of the digital content, add published date, add the source information (newspaper/magazine name, blog/site) which will show on front-end.
- Categorize your news for easy navigation, possible to set the meta information per category for SEO.
-You can tag news and user can get news having specific tags using search.
- Customers can share their thoughts by commenting on news/article. The admin can set auto-approval for the comments or show comments only after admins approval. The Captcha feature is there to prevent spammers. Besides, that the admin can enable social comments like Facebook, Google or Disqus.
- Show your news by year and month published.
Related products management
- Select related products, to show at the news page which helps to get more traffic on the product page. On the product page, it is possible to show related news too.
– Choose the layout for list page and detail page right from admin.
– Grid/list news arrangement.
– Position widgets (categories, latest posts, archive, search ) on left/right sidebar, any CMS block or any CMS block page.
– Image management.
– WYSIWYG editor for HTML management.
– Set SEO friendly URL, meta title, meta keywords and meta description per news/article and category. Auto generation of breadcrumb for all the pages.
– Let your customers share your news on social media and let more customers visit your store.
– On grid page/list page view count for each news article is shown.
FAQ - Common questions about News
Question: - Can I create separate categories?
Answer: - Yes, you can create separate categories as per your requirement for example newspaper, magazine, digital media, etc. There is no limit for creating categories.
Question: - Do the articles SEO friendly?
Answer: - Yes, articles are SEO friendly, you can add meta title, meta keywords, and meta description.
Question: - Can I mention the source information?
Answer: - Yes, You can add source information in the article which will show on the front.
Question: - Can I run this on my staging or development site, too?
Answer: - Yes, you can use this module for your staging or development website.
- Add news with the short description and long description.
- Add Image to an article with fast loading and auto resize feature.
- Choose grid/list for news listing.
- Category management with category wise news listing.
- News tagging feature and search news by tag.
- Multistore support to have multilingual news or enable/disable news per store.
- Comment management with approval, captcha, and email notification feature.
- Social media comment integration like Facebook, Google and Disqus comments.
- Show related products per news.
- Show related news per news/article.
- Display latest/popular news via a widget.
- Archive widget.
- Search news by keyword, tag, title or description.
- Meta title, meta keywords and meta description per news and category with breadcrumb support to get maximum search engine visibility.
- Social sharing buttons on each news/article.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.0
- Stability: Stable Build
- Initial Release