Customer Activation extension prevents customer from logging in until the customer's account has been activated by the admin.
OverviewBack to top
Many e-commerce store owners and B2b Ecommerce stores owners want the functionality to manually approve accounts after checking customer’s credentials before they can log in or commit to any order. Customer activation extension for Magento 2 by MageArray facilitates this. By default, all customers can log in immediately after creating an account. Customer activation extension expands the registration process by making new customers' status "pending" ( pending registration ).
Customer activation extension enables manual customer activation. Newly registered customers need to be approved by administrators before they can log in or create orders. When anyone registers to the website, the admin will get a notification email regarding the new registration. The admin can review the new customer in the admin area and can approve/deny.If the admin approves the account, then the user will get an email notification.
- Restrict login to approved customers - Ensure that customers are approved / activated prior to login so that they do not have access to information that only logged in users can see.
- Easily activate customers in admin area - All you need to do is change the activation field on their account page to activated and they are activated.
- Bulk activate customers in the admin area - Select a group of customers and activate all of them at the same time using mass actions.
- Send an e-mail to customers when activated - An e-mail is sent to customers as soon as they are activated so they can log in and place orders as soon as possible.
- Administrators receive an e-mail when a customer register - Any time a customer registers an admin may optionally receive an email so they know an account is waiting for activation.
- Only require activation for specific customer groups - Disabling activation for specific customer groups will mean they can log in even before activation.
- Enable / Disable on specific stores - Only requires activation for the stores it makes sense and does not require activation for stores where it is not needed.
FAQ - Common questions about the customer activation extension
Question:- Can admin enable/disable e-mails for registration and approval?
Answer:- Yes, admin can enable/disable e-mails for registration and approval.
Question:- Can I change email template for registration/approval?
Answer:- Yes, email template for registration/approval can be changed from the backend.
Question:- Is this extension compatible with "Hide price extension" for Magento 2 by MageArray?
Answer:- Yes, It's fully compatible with "Hide price extension" for Magento 2 by MageArray.
Question:- Can I enable it for specific user group?
Answer:- Yes, you can enable it for the specific user group.
Question:- Can admin approve pending accounts in bulk?
Answer:- Yes, if there are lots of pending registration and you want to approve the customers in bulk then you can multi-select the pending customers and approve it from mass action drop down.
Question:- Can the admin edit the message ("Thank you for registration. We will review your account and update you once activated.") which is showing after registration?
Answer:- Yes, the admin can change default registration "Thank you message" from the backend.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
- Initial Release.