OverviewBack to top
With default checkout, website visitors have the option to create an account with the website after they place the order, this could be the reason for the drop in customer registration ratio on the website. Checkout Signup extension provides the functionality to choose to create an account with the website on the checkout page, prior to placing the order.
After installing the checkout signup extension, you can enable/disable it from the admin area. Enabling the extension will add a "Create An Account" checkbox that the customers can click to create an account with the website. Checkout Sign up can help to increase customer registration to your website. Registration can avail the following benefits for admin and customers.
Benefits For Admin
- Improved customer retention:- Registration allows businesses to begin to build a relationship with consumers.
- Ease of repeat purchases:- Saving customer address and billing details make future purchases smoother and repeat purchases more likely.
- Easier and faster checkout for mobile users:- Not having to enter the address and the payment details, removes much of the pain from mobile purchases.
- More reviews:- It is easier to encourage registered customers to rate and review products they have purchased.
Benefits For Customers
- Ease of subsequent purchases:- No re-entry of card or address details means less effort when you buy again.
- Access order history:- Give the ability to check order history from my account section.
How can a guest user set the password for the account, if he/she chooses to create the customer account on checkout?
Extension sends the notification email to the guest checkout customer which contains the link to set the password for the created account.
Will the customer able to see the current order in the newly created customer account?
Yes, the order will be linked to the newly created customer account and can be viewed in my account section.
Can I run this on my staging or development site, too?
Yes, this extension works for staging as well as the live site.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
21 May, 2020
Extensions, Payments & Security, Checkout Enhancements
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- Compatibility with Magento 2.3
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
- Initial Release
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor