An improvement that brings a Community Interactive Map.
OverviewBack to top
Google Maps is a web mapping service developed by Google. It offers satellite imagery, aerial photography, street maps, 360° panoramic views of streets (Street View), real-time traffic conditions, and route planning for traveling by foot, car, bicycle and air (in beta), or public transportation.
The Community Interactive Map extension from MageAction helps customers and visitors to contribute actively by submitting markers on a Google Map integrated in the store. The map can be loaded with different view styles and zoom in/out features. This extension will allow you to have a Community Interactive Map on your website, that means anybody can share a place to visit by using the form which include a geocoder system.
To add a place, the website's visitor just needs to click on the map where the marker needs to be, then the geocoding system will add the address,latitude and longitude into the form. You will need then to continue to fill the form, like giving the name of the selected place, optionally give your email and choose an icon image from the selected list for the marker. If the address detected is not the one you need to show, you can edit the form to change it. Then by clicking the blue button "add marker" a message displaying that an email has been sent to the Magento website Administrator to let him validate or not the new marker added.
Account & Pricing
- Many options available in the Admin
- Customize the title and text below
- Set the zoom
- Select the type of map layout
- A button to go back to the original map is added
- Optionally display Google maptype control
- Optionally display Street View Control
- Optionally display Traffic View
- Optionally display Transport View
- Set height in pixel of the map
- Upload up to five different markers
- Upload your own markers icons
- Set up the Meta Title
- Set up the Meta Description
- English and French are included
- Oher languages can be provided upon request
- Easy to install and manage
- Responsive design CSS
- Multi-store support
- See markers and coordinates with the XML layout
You can create for example a map dedicated to a specific community of all the climbers, roller skaters, if your store sell products related to climbing or roller skating. So all your customers can participate and share their best locations in their countries or cities. The same can be done for many activities. You can also create an Interactive Community Map for all shops with disability access if you sell products for disabled people.
You can also use it as well as a "store locator", if you prefer to add all the stores of your company from the frontend. The data are sent into the Admin panel, and the Magento website Administrator can either validate or not to display the markers. The system works fine with several "stores view" configured in the Admin, so you can have several maps dedicated to several cities or countries.
How Does It Work?
- Paste API key into configuration box of Community Interactive Map in Admin section
- Add Latitude and Longitude to configure the center of the map in Admin
- Wait for visitors to come to your website Map page to add their markers
See the demo here : http://carte.mageaction.fr/mapclick.
The url of the extension will be : yourwebsite.com/mapclick
Note : The store switcher has been modified on the demo to keep the current url, this small code will not be included in the Module. The markers icons you see on the demo are not provided, if you need the same kind of marker icon that has been used on the demo, you can go to this website : https://mapicons.mapsmarker.com you can have it for free.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3 1.9.4
- Stability: Stable Build
This version has many features already, soon another version with more enhancements will be available for Magento 2