The extension provides bulk category update feature for selected products via Manage Products -> Actions -> Update attributes.
OverviewBack to top
Bulk Category Update by Maex allows you to change the categories of all selected products on one screen in one click. Looking for an easier way of changing the categories of multiple products instead of opening each individual products? Well this is the solution! This extension adds a new tab 'Category' to the core "Update Attributes" functionality. Within this tab you will be able to select new categories for selected products and update them in one click.
Features of Bulk Category Update for Magento:
- Ability to update category or categories for multiple products selected via Catalog -> Manage Products in Admin Panel
- The old categories of the products will be rewritten
- The old categories won’t be updated, if no new category or categories selected
Usage of Bulk Category Update for Magento:
- In Admin Panel open Catalog -> Manage Products
- With the checkboxes in the very left column select the products you would like to update or Select All
- In the top right of the table, there is an “Actions” selector, select “Update attributes” there and “Submit”
- On the left side select “Categories” tab. Then select the desired category or categories and “Save”
- Thats it. Thanks.
INSTALLATION of Bulk Category Update for Magento
1. Copy the “app” folder to the root directory of Magento store.
2. Completely clear the site cache.
Go to System > Cache Management. Click button Flush Magento Cache. If you want to clear the cache manually, you need to remove the contens of the folder /var/cache on the server.
- Version number: 1.0.1
- Stability: Stable
- Magento Compatibility: 220.127.116.11 – 18.104.22.168
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 22.214.171.124 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Bulk Category Update Version 1.0.1