This extension was created for merchants who wish to deliver products themselves, rather than using a traditional carrier.
OverviewBack to top
If you have fresh products, too big or too heavy which cannot be delivered by traditional carrier companies (like UPS Fedex or DHL) then use this to deliver products with your own means of transportation.
The module operates alone without external services. It will add a new delivery method to the checkout page on the front-end and will help you to organize the shipping:
- by limiting the zone of delivery ;
- by asking the customer for the date and time of delivery ;
- and by proposing a precise price of delivery according to the amount of purchase, the weight, the customer’s zone and the hour of delivery.
How it works
To work, the module needs a quick configuration to define the zones of delivery. Several geographical areas can be defined with, for each, a list of zip codes and cities. Once the method of delivery has been activated and named, then it is available on the checkout page for the customers whose address corresponds to one of the defined geographical areas.
For customers (with matching address) that select the extension’s delivery method, a calendar is displayed to choose a time slot for delivery. Some time slots are already defined that divide days into 3 periods for each day of the week. Merchants can customize time slots by defining start and stop time and days of the week enabled. They can also customize when reservation for delivery starts: right now or some hours / days after order time.
To help the merchant manage deliveries, there is a quota setting that can limit the number of deliveries per time slot depending on the delivery area of each delivery. So, time slots that are full of deliveries are disabled from selection at the checkout.
On the back-end, the extension also offers a delivery trip management tool that calculates the fastest route to deliver all customers of a time slot.
Here are some examples of how the module can be used
- for a shop that sells services, to ask a customer for a precise appointment in coming weeks, as time slot can last from 5min to a few hours and can be limited to 1 delivery.
- to deliver fresh food or meals, as delays between order and first delivery time slots can be set in minutes. With working hours the first time slot can be moved to next day when kitchen is closed.
- For a shop that sells heavy products, you can adjust delivery price depending on customer zone, products weight and even delivery time. So you higher the price of most requested slots like after work.
The customer can choose a time slot for delivery at the checkout
- The time slots are displayed on a calendar, by day, by week, by 2 weeks or by month.
- The customer can navigate between weeks, during the period you have defined.
- The customer sees the availability of the time slots according to the already scheduled deliveries and its zone of delivery.
Delivery sub-areas can automatically limit deliveries based on the customer's address
- You can create sub-areas that are defined by postal codes (indicated by an interval, or partially) and / or cities.
- Time slots can be associated with sub-areas.
- Postal and city code fields can be automatically populated with data from your delivery sub-areas.
A quota system allows deliveries to be managed according to delivery capacity
- Quotas allow the system to take into account the number of deliveries possible per time slot depending on the delivery sub-areas.
- Deliveries outside sub-areas may be prohibited or allowed with a specific quota.
- The validation of the reservation is made automatically according to the order status.
Precise reservation management
- The seller can choose exactly when bookings begin (the current day, after a few days, the following week) and when they stop.
- You can create as many time slots as you want and choose the day of the week for which they are available.
- You can define the working hours of the day to take them into account in the delivery schedule.
- You can add unavailabilities to disable bookings on time slots or the whole day on specific dates. Or you can consider all planning unavailable and specify the available days and time slots.
The seller can view deliveries in a calendar by month or by week
- A dashboard displays all deliveries of the day, with a summary of each order. You can filter the list by time slot, by subarea or order status.
- Multiple shortcuts let you quickly see the order or location of the customer.
- Deliveries may be rescheduled, or validated by hand.
Precise Fee slices management
- You can add “fee slices” for delivery price to depend on order price and weight.
- For each “fee slice”, you can set a table of prices depending on subareas, days and time slots.
- You can disable delivery on some cases by setting an empty price.
Convenient e-mail notification
- The customer gets an email when their delivery is validated.
- An attached iCalendar object lets the customer easily add an appointment to their calendar.
- Messages displayed to the customer are customizable.
The deliverer can optimize the delivery trip
- A map displays all deliveries of the day with a color code for each time slot.
- A roundtrip mode can optimize the deliveries order in a time slot for the faster route.
- With optimized or ordered round trip you can print each itinerary with turn by turn instructions.
A license key is required, it has unlimited validity. It is given for a domain name and its subdomains and extensions (.co.uk .es etc..). We provide a web page to register the extension and get the license key at https://labulle.net/magento-marketplaces-customers/. The module will run on local server without key but you can ask for extra keys for pre-production servers.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
Module name is myOwnDeliveries without spaces.
The description has been corrected by a friend who was born in UK, so if you find errors please notice where..