Used alongside Klaviyo's Magento 2 integration to send additional data to Klaviyo such as: website browing activity, started checkout event tracking, newsletter subscribers.
OverviewBack to top
This Klaviyo extension is designed to be used alongside Klaviyo's core Magento 2 integration. Klaviyo's software ties together everything companies know about their customers, processes massive quantities of data in real-time, and uses this data to drive a platform that’s part CRM, part analytics engine, and 100% an email platform that gets results. Klaviyo is free to get started and as your store grows, monthly pricing depends on the number of contacts you have. Learn more about Klaviyo pricing here. This extension is available at no cost.
Installing this extension enables your store to send user activity data to Klaviyo when someone creates an account and signs in, is active on your website, views a product page, or starts a checkout. You can then use this data to trigger and send targeted, personalized emails in Klaviyo - both through traditional campaigns as well as automated email flows. For example:
- By sending Klaviyo data when a site visitor browses a given product, you can trigger targeted Browse Abandonment emails to those that view but then move on
- By sending Klaviyo data when someone starts the checkout process, you can send personalized Abandoned Cart emails to those that don't complete their purchase
This extension also supports the automatic syncing of newsletter subscribers. With this feature, you can choose to sync all subscribers that opt-in through a Magento signup form to a Klaviyo list of your choice automatically. If someone opts-out through Magento, this person will also automatically get unsubscribed in Klaviyo.
In order to use this extension, you will need to already have a Klaviyo account - sign up here for free. We also recommend that you already have Klaviyo's Magento 2 integration enabled.
The Klaviyo Magento 2 Extension will enable the following:
- When a customer creates an account and signs in, his/her email, first name, and last name will get sent to Klaviyo
- When an identifiable user visits your website, a 'Active on Site' metric will get tracked to this/her Klaviyo Profile
- When an identifiable user visits your website and views a product page, a 'Viewed Product' metric will get tracked to his/her Klaviyo Profile along with the following details:
- Categories associated with the viewed product
- ImageURL for the viewed product
- Name of the viewed product
- ProductID of the viewed product
- SKU of the viewed product
- URL of the viewed product page
- When someone starts the checkout process and provides an email address, a 'Checkout Started' metric will get sent to Klaviyo and tracked to the person's Klaviyo profile
- Klaviyo's Magento 2 integration syncs all placed order data - paired with 'Checkout Started' event tracking, you can then send Abandoned Cart emails to those that begin the checkout process but do not go on to place an order
- When a site visitor opts-in through a Magento signup form, you can choose to automatically sync these subscribers to a Klaviyo list of your choice automatically; if someone opts-out through Magento, this person will also automatically get unsubscribed in Klaviyo
After installing the extention you'll need to configure two settings from within your Magento admin panel:
- Navigate to the 'Klaviyo' tab under your Admin Configuration menu
- Toggle 'Enable Klaviyo Reclaim' to 'Yes'
- Enter your 6 digit Klaviyo public API key under 'Public Klaviyo API Key'. This key can be found in your Klaviyo account settings page.
- Enter your alphanumeric Klaviyo private API Key under 'Private Klaviyo API Key'. A private key can be generated in your Klaviyo account settings page.
- Click 'Save Config' and you're done!
More information on the Klaviyo API that this extension uses is available here.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.0 2.1
- Compatible with EE: 2.0 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
With the release of v1.0.1 of Klaviyo's Extension for Magento 2, the following new functionalities are available:
* Automatic Syncing of Newsletter Subscribers: Choose to sync all subscribers that opt-in through a Magento signup form to a Klaviyo list of your choice automatically. If someone opts-out through Magento, this person will also automatically get unsubscribed in Klaviyo.
* Abandoned Cart Session Recovery: An enhancement to Klaviyo's existing automated Abandoned Cart Reminder feature, you can now provide each recipient with a link that will restore his/her exact abandoned cart session across any device.