Klarna provides a simple and attractive checkout choice that gives your consumers the freedom and control to Buy Now, but Pay Later, or Slice it (pay over time)
OverviewBack to top
Klarna is one of Europe's largest banks, providing easy to use payment solutions for 60 million consumers and 70.000 merchants working seamlessly across borders. Klarna offers direct payments, pay after delivery options and installment plans in a smooth and safe purchase experience that lets consumers pay in a simple way when and how they prefer to. Klarna assumes both credit and fraud risk for merchants and consumers throughout the full customer journey. Klarna is active in Europe and US, driven by 1500 employees. With Klarna you can reach a new audience that only wants to pay after delivery and give your consumers the chance to pay over time - that will increase your order value. By only asking for non-sensitive information – you will increase conversion on all devices.
An additional service account is required. Additional fees apply. Sign up to speak with a member of our team!
Klarna for merchants:
- Increased conversion rate - No redirects and interruptions mean your customers never leaves your site – which results in a smoother shopping experience for them and an increased conversion rate for you.
- Boost your average order value - Pay over time and pay after delivery options with a quick and easy application process can increase transactions and average order value.
- Protect your brand - The Klarna Payments widget can be customised to match the look and feel of your website; with two possible levels of customisation.
- No risk for you - Klarna assumes all credit and fraud risk, so that you don’t have to, and makes sure that you receive your money for ordered goods.
- Encourage conversion - Offering shoppers a chance to pay for their purchase in instalments, with time scales and payment levels that suit them, can make the difference between making and losing an online sale.
Klarna for consumers:
- Try before you buy – No payment friction at the checkout as shoppers can buy it, try it, then pay for it.
- More buying power- flexible consumer online point-of-sale finance so they can pay at their convenience, ideal for bigger ticket items.
- Simple and convenient - Shoppers don’t have to part with their bank or card details at the checkout. Payment is on invoice and there are no fees or interest.
- Frictionless and fast - First-time customers need to only enter a few simple personal details to complete the transaction. Speedy and quick for shoppers in a hurry.
- Extra protection - Consumers are covered by Klarna’s Buyer Protection which guarantees they only pay for goods they receive and keep.
- No quibble returns - Customer returns are easy. Goods are sent back to your warehouse and Klarna refunds the customer directly. Customers can postpone their payment due date whilst the return is processed.
The Official Klarna supported Klarna Payments module for Magento is an easy to use module supporting the addition of the popular Klarna payment methods into your existing web store’s checkout. The module supports all Klarna Markets with the latest Klarna product updates available. Klarna Payments is fully configurable through your Magento Admin console allowing the merchant to configure, customize, and manage within Magento. All that is required from the merchant is SSL enabled site, public facing test site, and a signed contract with Klarna.
The Klarna modules support commonly used Klarna Payments and Magento features and is
- Available & tested in All Klarna markets: Austria, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, and United States
- Supports Magento core functionality and built to Magento module best practices and recommendations
- Support standard Magento checkout flows
- Fully integrated post order management features available with Klarna: full and partial captures, full and partial refunds, cancels
- Configurable settings to support Klarna iframe color options
To learn more about Klarna or to get started implementing Klarna into your store, please contact Klarna for a test account to get started today!
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Initial release to Marketplace