Useful extension for mass changing product categories on a specific category page in the admin panel.
OverviewBack to top
Products and categories are basic parts of the Magento system and all ecommerce websites. Most of them have thousands of products that need to be assigned or re-assigned to categories. By default Magento doesn't allow you to change categories for multiple products. If you need to assign hundreds of products to a certain category, then you need to open each product individually a hundred times.
The extension will save your time. With this module you can change categories for hundred of products on your website simultaneoulsy with just a few clicks. Easy to install, no special skills. Just use.
After installation you will have the opportunity to manage you product categories without any problems. All you need is to just open the specific category in the admin panel of your website, select the products that you want to assign to other categories, click the new created extension button on the top and after that select the destination categories for the selected products.
Easy to install. Easy to use.
No need to configure something. No need any special skills. After simple installation you can immediately manage your product categories.
Change categories for thousands of products in few clicks.
All you need is just go to "Manage categories", select some category from the list, select needed products and click button on the top. You will see popup with tree of categories to choose them for you selected products.
Keep in old categories.
Extension has ability to keep selected products in their old categories before you assign them to new. Just mark special checkbox in the popup form after the categories tree.
Extension uses events system to extend Magento functional. Non rewrites. So you shouldn't worry about any conflicts with other extensions.
How it works:
- Step1: Install the extension.
- Step2: Open admin panel of your website and go to "Manage Categories" section.
- Step3: Open for edit some category from the list.
- Step4: Go to "Category Products" tab to select products.
- Step5: Select needed products.
- Step6: Click button "Change categories" on the top. You will see popup window with category tree.
- Step7: Choose new categories for your selected products.
- Step8: If you want to keep products in their old categories just check special box for that.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Changed way to assign categories for increasing speed of assigning