OverviewBack to top
JGOO is bringing China’s social media and mobile payments platforms to Europe, enabling brands to engage with Chinese shoppers both as tourists in Europe and buying remotely from China. As WeChat Pay and Alipay’s official UK institutions, JGOO enables a nationwide payments solution at any physical and online store, to help brands tap into the growing Chinese market.
This extension for Magento will be beneficial to UK merchants with a high volume of Chinese consumers shopping on their site and those looking to sell remotely to consumers in China. This allows merchants to target new customers by catering to their preferred payment methods as well as selling cross-border to China.
The JGOO Payment Gateway allows brands to integrate WeChat Pay and Alipay into their Magento store and start accepting payments from China. WeChat Pay and Alipay both use quick response (QR) codes to complete a transaction, with a unique code being generated for each customer.
Once installed customers will be able to complete their transaction with either WeChat Pay or Alipay. On placing their order they will be presented with the QR code which can be scanned using WeChat Pay or Alipay's mobile app. Once payment is successfully received, customers will be redirected to the store's order confirmation page.
Download the free JGOO Payment Gateway extension today and start accepting payments from China. The extension is compatible with Magento 2.3x and will only allow you to accept UK payments in GBP only.
Account and Pricing:
A JGOO Pay merchant account is required, as well as additional accounts with WeChat Pay and Alipay. We help you to create a JGOO account to connect and authorise payments via the WeChat Pay and Alipay platforms through your Magento store. The account set up will be completed separately to the installation of the extension. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register for an account or fill out your details via the following link and one of our team will be in touch to guide you through the account set up phase: https://www.jgoo.co/get-in-touch/
The extension for Magento is free to download and setting up an account comes with no additional fees. You will be charged a small percentage per transaction once you start accepting payments from WeChat Pay and Alipay. For further pricing information and technical queries, merchants can head to the following link: https://www.jgoo.co/payments/
The QR codes used to complete a transaction are generated through JGOO's secure API. This extension provides customer cart information—for example, the total value—to the API in order to generate each code. Customers can then scan the QR code with the WeChat or AliPay app. Once payment is successfully completed, a transaction ID is passed back to the Magento store to reference the transaction. The customer will be redirected to the order success page and the order information, along with JGOO transaction ID, is stored.
The customer will not be redirected to an external page as the QR code is shown in the Magento checkout. This QR code is generated through server to server calls with JGOO's API (which in turn use WeChat and AliPay APIs). Payments are processed by WeChat and AliPay apps using payment information provided by customers to those apps.
No cardholder information is ever entered into, or stored on, the Magento server.
WeChat Pay and Alipay securely store the customer’s payment information—the merchant's Magento store never comes in contact with this payment data. WeChat Pay and AliPay are both certified to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
This is the most trusted, safest and widely used payment method in China.
- Accept cross border payments from China anywhere at anytime
- Accept payments from Alipay and WeChat (both can be enabled or disabled independently of each other)
- Quick and seamless integration into the checkout page. Customers are able to complete a transaction by easily scanning a QR code using their Alipay or WeChat mobile app
- Smooth transaction management. Transaction records are stored safely in JGOO’s transaction management portal, which provides easy access to review the details of each payment, process a refund and check the settlement status
- High level of security for merchants and customers. Payment information not stored in Magento as customers pay with information stored in their WeChat or Alipay app
- An orphan transaction report stores a record of failed transactions allowing merchants to follow-up with customers and avoid missed sales
- Restrict each payment method to a specific country allowing merchants to specify when each method is presented to customers
- Add a custom error message to be shown to customers in the event of a failed transaction (customers will be redirected to their basket and shown this message)
- Customise the QR code pop-up title and description
- Customise the name of each payment method, including logo and call-to-action text (e.g. 'place order')
- Quick and easy set up
- JGOO is the official UK institutions for WeChat Pay and Alipay
- FCA registered company
- Competitive and industry leading prices
- Lower rates than international credit cards
- Encrypted payment assured and no chargeback risks
- 24/7 Operational support
- Cross-cultural and bilingual expert guidance
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3
15 August, 2019
Extensions, Payments & Security, Payment Integration
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Initial release. The extension facilitates payments from social media payment applications WeChat Pay and AliPay, allowing you to engage with 1bn Chinese customers.
Through our official partnerships with WeChat Pay and Alipay, JGOO provides brands with direct trading access to the Chinese market, connecting UK and European brands to Chinese shoppers.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor