OverviewBack to top
JaJuMa Page Preload / Prefetch is a page speed optimization that enables faster subsequent page-loads by preloading/prefetching links on your site while the customer's browser is idle.
Preloaded / Prefetched links will be available to your customer faster with a significantly reduced TFFB (Time-To-First-Byte) or even instantly with zero-TTFB.
With this performance optimization, you can dramatically improve the shopping and user experience in your store.
And as studies by Amazon and others have shown, there is a direct correlation between page load time and conversion rate:
Removing 100 milliseconds of latency improves sales by 1%
Want to improve your page load times by a few hundred milliseconds and your sales by a few percent?
Looking to improve your Core Web Vitals KPIs field data?
Then this is the extension for you...
Page preloading as provided by our extension is not only backed by Google, but also used by many big player sites.
And now this must-have improvement with minimum extra efforts and low risk is also available for Magento 2!
The extension is highly flexible and can be adjusted to your individual needs easily via configurations for:
- Preload / Prefetch Intensity:
Different triggers are supported to initiate preload requests.
- Preload /Prefetch Scope:
Via Blacklist or Whitelist, it is possible to narrow down the preloading scope, to avoid unwanted or unnecessary preload requests
- Preload /Prefetch Cache-Control:
Configurable Cache TTL (Time-To-Live)
Make your site’s pages instant today and improve your conversion rate noticeably!
Business Value & Feature Highlights
- Improve your user experience by reducing the page load time.
- Improve your SEO rankings by faster page load times
- Improve your conversion rate with improved user experience
- Improved Core Web Vitals KPIs
Page Preloading / Prefetching will directly affect your Core Web Vitals (CWV) KPIs field data.
- Quality Extension: Developed following Magento Coding Standards and with security in mind
- Pages are automatically Pre-Loaded in the Background
- Significantly reduced or even eliminated TTFB (Time-to-First-Byte)
- Faster Page Load Times
- Preload Intensity can be configured by selecting one of the different trigger supported by the extension
- Preload Scope can be defined via Blacklist or Whitelist for excluding/including links from preloading
- Cache Time-To-Live for Preloaded Content is configurable
- Very (!) lightweight drop-in solution, with download size only < 2KB (minified/gzipped)
- Using passive event listeners & requestIdleCallback to keep your Site Smooth
- Loads after Everything else & preloads only when the browser is idle
to keep your site responsive
Preload / Prefetch Intensity
Preload/prefetch requests can be initiated by different triggers, either depending on (direct) user interaction with a link (On Mousedown or On Hover) or whenever a link is visible / within the viewport.
Each of these triggers comes with additional fine-tuning options/options to differentiate between behavior on desktop/mobile.
Also see the further sources below for more details, explanations, and recommendations on this.
Preload / Prefetch Scope
Define your preload scope via blacklist or whitelist, to reduce preload / Prefetch requests by avoiding unnecessary preloads, preload/prefetch only important pages, exclude pages from preload that should never be cached, exclude links from preloading that trigger an action (for example Customer Logout Link :-) ).
Preload / Prefetch Cache-Control
The Cache-TTL (Time-To-Live) for preloaded content can be configured as well. The browser will keep any preloaded content in the cache following the configured time and use it when the customer visits this preloaded content within that timespan instead of loading it from your server.
Deutsch / German:
Weitere Infos zu Page Preload finden Sie auf unserer Extension Homepage:
Über JaJuMa Page Preload für Magento 2
English / Englisch:
Further info about Page Preload may be found on our extension homepage:
About JaJuMa Page Preload for Magento 2
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
07 March, 2021
Extensions, Site Optimization, Performance
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
- Initial Release
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor