Automatically validates a customer's shipping address at checkout with either UPS or USPS.
OverviewBack to top
With Address Validation, a customer's shipping address at checkout is validated with prominent shipping carriers such as United Parcel Service (UPS) and United States Postal Services (USPS). Should the customer's address be incorrect, for example they entered the wrong zip code, then a suggested address that is known to the shipping carries would be displayed to the customer. From there the customer can confirm if the suggested address is correct or if they would prefer to use the address they have provided.
During checkout. once the customer enters their shipping address, the Address Validation solution will share this address with either UPS or USPS to confirm that the address is recognized in their address systems. If the address doesn't match the address in UPS or USPS, then the customer will see a pop-up displaying a suggested address known to either UPS or USPS.
Validation Services & Process
The Magento 1 Address Validation can validate a shipping address with either UPS or USPS. Additional validation services such as FedEx or Google Maps can be added through custom integrations. Once the customer enters their shipping address on the checkout page, the address will be confirmed with UPS or USPS.
- Enable / disable option for a customer to place an order with an incorrect address
- Suggested address is shown to customer if address does not match
- Customer can choose to continue checkout with their original address
Reduces Shipping Costs
Instead of spending money on shipping products to invalid addresses that are returned to your store, the Address Validation extension eliminates this process by ensuring shipping addresses are confirmed with prominent shipping carriers.
The Address Validation extension supports the following checkout solutions for Magento 1:
- IWD's Checkout Suite (formerly One Page Checkout)
- Standard Magento checkout
- Aheadworks One Step Checkout
- Enable / disable per store view
- Option to allow customers to checkout with invalid addresses or only with valid addresses
- Validate shipping address with either UPS or USPS (choose one)
The Address Validation extension is completely open source and open to additional modifications such as design and logic changes and additional integrations with shipping carriers.
Installation & Demos
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.4 184.108.40.206 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 220.127.116.11 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9
- Compatible with EE: 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 1.10 1.11 1.11.1 1.12 1.13 1.13.1 1.14
- Stability: Stable Build
Remove PEAR/XML parser