PayPal PLUS is a solution where PayPal offers PayPal, Credit Card and Direct Debit as payment options.
OverviewBack to top
PayPal PLUS is a solution where PayPal offers PayPal, Credit Card, Direct Debit (ELV) and Pay Upon Invoice (Kauf auf Rechnung) as individual payment options on the payment selection page. These payment methods cover around 80% customer demand in Germany.
No matter how customer chooses to pay, it is always a single PayPal transaction for merchant, including all resulting advantages like Seller Protection and easy refund. Based on the payment method selected by the buyer, he will be presented with either the PayPal Login page or an input mask for bank / credit card details. Should PayPal Plus service be unavailable, standard Magento payment methods will be displayed. Other payment methods can be seamlessly integrated to provide consistent buying experience to the customer.
PayPal PLUS requires a fully verified PayPal merchant account. To apply for PayPal PLUS go to this link: https://www.paypal.de/paypal-plus. With PayPal our extension and your account is free. Only for selling a transaction fee is charged. For further information regarding the PayPal fees please visit: https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees.
Please be aware of following limitations:
- Your PayPal account needs to be enabled to use PayPal Plus. You can apply here: https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/paypal-plus,
- This module is mostly targeting sellers and buyers in Germany. Not all payment options might be available to buyers from other coutries. Not all languages are supported.
- Configuration is only visible to German merchants. Please set your merchant country to Germany. Sales -> Payment Methods -> Merchant Location -> Merchant Country -> Germany.
- For technical reasons PayPal Plus must be rendered in an iFrame. It is not possible to influence look and feel of this frame,
- Not every third party module can be integrated into PayPal Plus. There is an option to display 3rd party payment methods outside of the frame. For merchant convenience, look and feel of these payment methods is adopted to match look and feel of PayPal Plus,
- Depending on Checkout modifications PayPal Plus module might not function propertly,
- For security reasons Magento Connect module version does not include integration for third party checkout modules. Please contact us for a version with third party integration. Currently following modules have limited support: Idev_OneStepCheckout, Magestore_Onestepcheckout, IWD_OSC, TM_Firecheckout,
- Your store must support HTTPS protocol.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.0 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
==== 1.1.4 ====
Changed locale_code parsing
Added workaround for broken shipping cost calculation in checkout
Fixed magento/module-paypal requirement to support Magento 2.2.X
==== 1.1.3 ====
Added notice to configuration if merchant country is not set to Germany
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.0 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
==== 1.1.2 ====
Fix JS Script error on empty third party method array
Fix for missing ShippingAddress on virtual orders
==== 1.1.1 ====
Added token cache to reduce API-Calls
==== 1.1.0 ====
Added third party payment modul support outside iframe
==== 1.0.5 ====
Compatibility with Amazon_Payment
Compatibility with IWD_Opc
Compatibility with Swissup_Firecheckout
Compatibility with Magestore_OneStepCheckout
==== 1.0.4 ====
Fixed tax calculation with special discount settings
==== 1.0.3 ====
Fixed always failing credential validation on payment method config save.
==== 1.0.2 ====
==== 1.0.1 ====
Added PUI legal text
==== 1.0.0 ====
PayPal PLUS is a solution where PayPal offers PayPal, Credit Card and ELV (pay upon invoice will be added in a later phase) as individual payment options on the payment selection page.
Based on the payment method selected by the buyer, he will at a later stage be presented with either the PayPal Login page or an input mask for bank / credit card details.