Run your Magento site behind AWS CloudFront CDN.
Increase page load times and speed metrics.
OverviewBack to top
Magento sites that have large number of stock items or that are visited by many users may need to optimize their page load times by improving the speed the page is generated and the times page assets (images, photos, CSS and JS files) are loaded. This extension addressed the high responsiveness requirement of a Magento store by allowing integration with Amazon Web Services CloudFront Service.
This extension allows Magento sites to be running behind AWS CloudFront CDN, which provides high performance full-page and resources caching available from multiple locations all over the world. This extension leverages robust resource delivery feature of AWS CloudFront service for sites running on Magento.
This extension does not change the layout of the site. Its main goal is to greately reduce load times for category and product pages and also for images and other static resources. With faster page load times the ecommerce site can serve more users. Caching content on AWS Cloudfront can also reduce the need for higher-capacity servers.
This extension could improve performance even on high-traffic Magento sites.
Account & Pricing
- Full-page cache support through the CDN - instant delivery by AWS CloudFront service.
- Reduced server load - Viewing operations are delivered by the CDN. Only user-specific or write actions are going to your server.
- Reduced hosting costs - less powerfull server could be used for your store as most read operations will be handled by CDN. AWS fees may apply.
- Instant category and page cache purging - once there is a change to a category or product, the relevant URLs are removed from CDN and re-cached. This allows your users to see new content almost instantly.
- Caching of media files and static resources on the CDN
- Improved metrics scores - improved speed results on Google PageSpeed Insights, GTMetrix, Y!Slow, or Pingom through faster delivery of content and resources.
In order for this extension to work properly, you need to:
- Set up an AWS Account and then CloudFront distribution and point the Origin to your site's domain name.
- You need to enter the CF keys and secret on the extensions configuration page inside your Magento store's admin panel.
- You need to configure CloudFront Behaviors to only pass headers and cookies to URLs that are specific to your users, including the admin panel, cart page, or other pages, where user-specific information is shown.
- Other URLs can be cached for longer (days, weeks) in order to increase page load times for your visitors.
MgPerf is a brand name of innovAgile.com, a software company providing high-quality software development services. AWS and CloudFront are services and brands of Amazon.com. This extension has been developed independently.
If you have trouble setting up your AWS CloudFront distribution to work with this extension, please contact us for support at www.mgperf.com.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Integration of a Magento store with AWS CloudFront:
- purging product pages on save
- purging category pages on save
- purging CMS pages on save