Enable the admin to switch the ownership of an order from the Magento backend
OverviewBack to top
Magento Community Edition does not have functionality in the backend to change the ownership of orders or to assign one customer's order to another customer. Switch Order Owner extension provides you the control to change ownership of orders. This extension will help you when orders are being made by the company agents and require changes in their ownership. They can go to the order and choose one customer from the list of registered customers of the same company. It can also be utilized to transfer the order from one customer account to another customer account, when a customer has multiple accounts on the website.
The extension will also help when orders are made by Guests and we need to assign the orders made by guest customers to registered customers. This extension is also able to send email notifications to customers when the ownership of the order is changed. We are providing the admins with more control over orders.
Admin can now change the owner of Single or multiple orders & special settings are also there to:
- Allow Admin to specify some order status for which order owners can be changed.
- Enable/disable the control to change the customers address while switching the ownership.
- Allow admin to filter customers on the basis of website/stores if the website is equipped with multiple stores.
- Admin can also check switch ownership history at any time on order detail page.
- This module has single step ownership change feature which is more convenient and easy to go for Admin.
Providing an option to Admin on Order Details Page to change the order owner of an order from one customer to another.
Admin can select either single or multiple orders at a time to switch the ownership of that selected order items using mass action.
An easy to use interface is provided in the Admin for changing the ownership of order, as explained below:
- When user will proceed ahead to switch the order owner, a pop up box will appear on the screen with drop downs for Stores & Customers.
- On the selection of any store, the customer drop down will refresh and shows the customers linked to that particular store.
- Dropdowns are also provided with search options so it would be easier for admin to search for the stores as well as customers.
Admin is also provided with an option to change the ownership of a guest order to a registered customer.
System Configuration settings are provided to enable/disable the access rights for Admin to change the name, Shipping & billing address of the customer while switching the order ownership.
System Configuration settings are provided to enable/disable the email notification that would be sent to the customer after admin will switch the order owner of an order to another customer.
Admin is also provided with an option to specify the comma separated email addresses to whom the email should be sent after admin will switch the ownership.
Admin can view the history of ownership changes made corresponding to the order on order details page.
Configuration added to choose order status for which there should be no provision to switch the ownership. For example, orders having canceled, closed status are not applicable to switch order ownership if selected from the configuration.
An order placed from one website cannot be assigned to the customer of another website. In Magento default configuration, if account sharing option is set to "Website" then only this restriction is applied. If it is set to "Global" then this restriction won't be applicable.
Installation Instruction :
Before installing extension takes backup of database and files of your Magento store.
Compiler should be disabled & clear while installing modules. Installing an extension with enabled compilation will inevitably lead to problems in the front end or the backend. So to avoid it.
After installation logout and login again to Magento.
- Clear Magento cache. Unless you refresh the store cache, the extension will not be installed properly. Go to System -> Cache Management, and click Flush Cache Storage.
After installation, you will have the ability to customize configuration like customer email notification, Overwrite billing/shipping address, Overwrite name and Order status that you don't want to allow to switch owner. To do this, go to System->Configuration->INFOBEANS EXTENSIONS->Switch Order Owner. Here you can set order status, enable/disable overwrite information, email notification, select the email template and set receivers to get a copy of the email that is sent to the customer.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 126.96.36.199 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
First stable release of extension in the Magento Marketplace