OverviewBack to top
Hurricane is a world leader in real-time cross-border data and provides businesses with a series of tools designed to improve compliance and customer experience and to scale your business internationally. We are brilliant at the boring – translating the complex into the simple. Using a lightweight but advanced slice of AI, we collate every piece of information to:
- Calculate Duties & Taxes – giving shoppers the total of their cart: shipping, taxes, customs fees and more.
- Classify your products – getting the correct customs codes and product description for every item in your store.
- Screen for Prohibited & Restricted items – reducing the risk of compliance slip-ups, shipping errors and parcels held up at customs.
- Screen for Denied Parties – reducing the risk of fines from selling to persons and companies on denied party lists.
The Duty, Tax & Compliance extension is simple to use, easy to customise, light-weight and blisteringly quick.
There are 4 tools that can be used to improve your compliance, and scale your business:
- Classification involves assigning the correct HS6 codes to your products. HS codes are used by customs authorities globally. Having the right codes and descriptions allows parcels to flow through customs efficiently, improving transit times and reducing delays and returns.
- Our Duty and Tax Calculations show the total cost of any transaction before a customer checks out, so they know the full price of their purchase, and will not be hit with unexpected fees upon delivery. Total price transparency reduces cart abandonment, returns and customer support queries, and increases international sales.
- Some goods require special licenses or permissions in order to be imported. Our Prohibited and Restricted Goods Screening uses product and geographical data to determine whether items can be imported, exported or transported, reducing the risk of shipments being delayed, destroyed or fined.
- Denied Parties are individuals or entities that have been denied shipping privileges by government agencies because they are involved in illegal activities such as drug trafficking, money laundering or terrorism. Taking part in a transaction with a Denied Party can lead to severe fines and penalties. With the responsibility falling upon every party involved in a transaction, screening for Denied Parties gives you the information you need to decide who to sell to.
- We give you the tools to successfully navigate cross-border eCommerce, by reducing the risk of parcels being delayed in customs, as well as avoiding unnecessary costs.
- We help you provide cost transparency towards your customers, reducing returns and abandoned carts.
- Give your customers a seamless cross-border experience, increasing the number of sales and returning customers.
Hurricane’s extension allows you to choose which tools you use on your store, at what stage in the customer journey the data is displayed, and the messages that customers will see, giving you full control over your customers’ shopping experience.
Seamless integration and high efficiency
We aim to provide a seamless integration and with an average speed of under 500ms, Hurricane blends into your store without affecting the loading speeds or performance, for a smooth customer experience.Our system has been tested to an output of 4,000 concurrent requests, ensuring even the busiest of days will not be a challenge.
Account and Pricing
Hurricane’s extension is free to download and our subscription plans have a free tier, allowing you to trial the tools and make sure they are right for you. Creation of a user account on our My Hurricane portal is part of the setup process. After the initial free plan, there are 5 paid plans. The subscription fees are all based upon the number of annual API calls the extension makes to our servers. The pricing in US dollars per month is as follows:
- Free: $0.00 for 120 calls
- Entry: $9.50 for 1,000 calls
- Medium: $37.50 for 5,000 calls
- Large: $68.75 for 10,000 calls
- Extra Large: $312.50 for 50,000 calls
- Enterprise: contact sales to apply for more calls
Note: the subscription fee is billed every month, while the number of API calls is renewed every year. This is to keep the costs low and evenly spread, without the need to change to a different subscription tier during seasonal peaks in sales.
The amount of API calls your store makes depends upon your settings and the amount of customers you have. For more information, download the User Guide below.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
17 February, 2021
Extensions, Shipping & Fulfillment, Cross Border Fulfillment
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor