Use the Magento order number as the related invoice, shipment and credit memo number.
OverviewBack to top
Having different numbers for invoices and orders is confusing. When a customer rings you up and tell you a number is it one or the other? To the end customer it probably all looks the same any way. Save yourself the extra step of having to work out what the customer is referring to by keeping all your sales numbers consistent.
By default, Magento assigns a separate number to orders and related documents (invoices, shipments and credit memos). Once installed, this extension ensures that when a new invoice, shipment or credit memo is created, it will always take the same number as the associated order.
For example, for order #1000, the associated invoice would be #1000, the shipment (if applicable) also #1000, and credit memo (if applicable) also #1000. This is a simple and popular approach for tidy record keeping and easy document identification.
Automatic duplicate separation
In the event of multiple invoices, shipments or credit memos associated with the same order, a duplicate separator will be used. For example, the first invoice would be #1000, the second #1000-1, the third #1000-2, and so on.
• New invoices, shipments and credit memos are automatically assigned the same number as the related order
• Automatic duplicate separation in the event of multiple invoices, shipments and/or credit memos associated with the same order
• Does not change any historical data - only future invoices, credit memos and shipments will be changed
Installation and Configuration
Refer to both documents below for instructions:
• The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions
• Fooman Same Invoice Order Number User Manual
Please note that support is included for Enterprise customers only.
For the free community version of the extension, feel free to contact us at email@example.com to report any suspected bugs. However please note that we are unable to provide individual support or troubleshooting advice via our support email address unless support has been purchased - see our general FAQ for more details. If an error still persists after following the troubleshooting advice above, please either contact your Magento developer, purchase our professional installation service from the our website, or disable the extension.
If you find this free extension useful, please share the love by leaving a review. Reviews help to build a trusted Magento community. Thank you!
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.3 1.4 126.96.36.199 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 188.8.131.52 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2
- Compatible with EE: 1.11 1.11.1 1.12 1.13 1.13.1 1.14
- Stability: Stable Build
2.0.9 Code Style Improvements