Customer Attributes & Registration Fields extension let's you to add custom fields on registration pages to collect extra information about your customers.
OverviewBack to top
Customer Attributes & Registration Fields extension empowers you to add custom fields on registration page to collect extra information from your customers. You can utilize this information to understand the user preferences and improve your products and services accordingly.
With 11 different field types, you can add fields like text area, drop-down menu, checkboxes, multi-select, radio button, etc. You can position new fields anywhere on your registration form. Make fields mandatory / optional and configure automatic fields validation to collect correct form of data.
- Add unlimited extra custom fields to user registration form
- 11 different field types to let you add an option you need
- Allow the users to upload image or file
- Configuration settings for sorting and validating fields
Add Customizable Fields to Customer Registration Form
Create additional fields to easily grab more information about your customers. With more than 11 field type, you can allow them to upload image or file, enter their date of birth, or share their interests through the options. You can customize each option so that users can easily enter the required details. The configuration options allow you to,
- Add an attribute code for each field
- Set an Input Type i.e. text area, radio button, dropdown, etc.
- Configure Input validation with default values
- Enter a position to sort the fields
Display Custom Registration Fields in “My Account“
In addition to the creating custom fields for the registration page, you can display them in the user account as well. The customer can view & change the field data from his “my account” section. The store admin does have an option to either display field in “my account” section or not. Merchants can also enable/disable user’s ability to change field value from “my account” section.
Display Custom Fields for a Selected Store View
While creating a Magento custom registration field, you can assign it to a store view and it will be hidden from other store views. For example, an option created for the speakers of English language will not appear to French users.
Supports 11 Types of Fields to Add Custom Attributes
With 11 input types for fields, you can add an option in a way that is easiest to answer for the users. For instance, acquiring information in date format, you can simply add a Data field so that customers can select a Date from the mini-calendar view rather than enter it manually. By using Magento Customer Attributes & Registration Fields extension you can add following field types,
- File upload – Let the user upload a file while signing-up for an account
- Image upload – Allow users to upload image as well
- Text Field – Add Text Field for simple data intake
- Text Area – Users can write a detailed answer in this field option
- Date – Add Date picker for birthdays, marriage date, etc.
- Message Only – Let the users instantly contact you through a message
- Drop Down menu – Add options in a drop-down menu to saves space on sign-up form
- Multiple Select – Use it when the user is expected to select more than one option
- Yes/No option – Create a field with Yes or No option for simple questions
- Radio button – Display easy to select radio buttons
- Checkbox – Add options in checkboxes so that users can tick the relevant one
Make Registration Fields Mandatory or Optional
Magento Add Customer Attributes extension allows merchants to make the fields optional / mandatory. Incase of mandatory field the user will not able to create account unless he provides the required information
Set Positions for the Custom Registration Fields
Enter a position for each customer registration field and this Magento add custom attribute extension will automatically sort them in an order that is easy to read and answer for the users.
Select Validation Type and Enter Default Values
Choose a validation type according to the field input type so that the users can enter data in the required format. Providing inaccurate data will notify an error and require them to re-enter the details. You can add default values as well. The available input validation types include
- Decimal Number
- Integer Number
- Email Address
- Website URL Address
- Letters (alphabetic)
- Letters and/or numbers (alphabetic or alphanumeric)
- Date (like MM: DD: YYYY)
- Hide/Display a field once the customer provides the values
- Allow/Restrict customers from editing fields
- Configure default value for the fields
- Make the ‘Values required’ mandatory or optional
- Customize title of the additional attributes section
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.4 22.214.171.124 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 126.96.36.199 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Magento 1.4 to 1.9.3 compatible