Enable your Magento store to calculate prices of area and volume-based, variable-sized, products.
OverviewBack to top
Many products sold in online stores are comprised of variable length, width and height. With different area and volume sizes of each product it becomes uneconomical for the merchant and unaffordable for the consumer to sell and buy in small/large quantities. A perfect solution to this challenge is Price calculator extension, which allows merchants to set pricing based on length, area & volume of the product. By taking the measurement from customer this extension automatically calculates the exact price of the product. The merchants will just have to provide per unit price and this extension will do the rest.
With pricing calculator, you can configure multiple features to get personalized pricing functionality for your store. You can configure per unit price, base price, area based pricing with discounts and custom input fields for each product.
Features of Pricing Calculator
Price Per Unit
Price per unit can be easily configured depending on the product being sold. To get better understanding how per unit price affects the calculation through dimensions of the product, we can dive the process into three successful stages.
Set Price per Unit
This is the first step towards defining your configuration for variable sized product pricing. You need to set per unit price of each product. You can select the price per meter, centimeter, millimeter, foot and inch.
Create Input Fields for Customer
Then you must choose the relevant fields depending on your product type. These include 2-3 fields depending on area or volume of the product. You can select width, length, height and weight for the fields.
Let Customers Put the Measurement Value
Once these basic steps have been done, the pricing extension will start validating the meas-urements entered by the customers to give them accurate pricing of their selected amounts. The price will be automatically calculated when the customer changes the measurement values in the fields.
5 Input & Output Units
Being a highly versatile extension, Pricing Calculator comes with 5 different units of measure-ment to allow merchants sell all sorts of products with smaller and bigger sizes. This also allows customers to enter their relevant values more conveniently. These 5 units include centimeter, inch, foot, meter and millimeter.
Dynamic Discount Formula
The dynamic pricing rules can be defined by the merchant from the back end according to his/her preferences. The pricing formula allows the extension to calculate the price of the products when they enter the measurements.
Here is an example of formula for Magento Dynamic Pricing
This rule defines following;
- Min and Max indicates the size range of the products,
- 10% for sizes between 15 – 30 and 20% for sizes above 30 are the two discounts,
- Pricing can be applied on Area as well as Volume of the product
- Fixed or in percentage values can be used for defining discounts
Price Based On Area / Volume
Products that are unique in sizes and properties are often difficult to sell online. These products might be spreadable, foldable or stackable. In different respects, they are area and volume based products which must be sold according to their specific dimensions.
Such Products require measurements like square foot, weight and even time. To get a better understanding here are some examples that will help you define specific products for using this extension.
- Fabric - meter or yard
- Tiles - square feet
- Blinds - length and width
- Variable mulch - cubic yard
- Liquids - volume
- Flooring - Square feet
- Wallpaper sold - wall dimensions
- Printing and Banners store
- Educational tutorials or lectures - per hour
- Foam - cubic foot
- Fencing for house, garden, etc.
- Wrapping paper - surface area
Pricing with Discounts
One of the best features about this dynamic pricing extension is discounts. You can configure discounts with specific sizes and amounts of products to attract customers and give them incentives. There are three main features you need to know.
Discount Based on size
Based on size of the product customers purchase, you can set different discounts accordingly. This invites customers to purchase even more to avail discounts.
Fixed / Percentage discount
This discounts depends on the product. It can be changed as fixed or percentage as per the preferences of the merchant.
Show / Hide Discount On Front End
This is a useful feature that enables you to hide discounts or display them on the product pages. This can also depend on the type of product. For instance, by showing discounts you are encouraging customers to buy in larger quantities.
Fixed Base Price
This fixed base price remains unchanged during the price calculation process. You can add a fixed base price anytime from the back end to a specific product. Like pricing discounts, you can also show or hide base price according to your pricing strategy. If you choose to hide the price, the base price will remain hidden before and after the measurements have been entered and final price is shown on the product page.
- This extension allows merchants to sell products in large quantities. By implementing attractive discounts and showing them on product pages, customers are encouraged to buy more from the store.
- Personalize your own pricing rules with custom formula to get the desired results from this ex-tension. This allows you to save extra amounts often given away with wholesale products and sell them with measured price.
- Another great benefit of this extension is that it restricts the customer from entering below or above defined measurement by the merchant. You can set a minimum or maximum size of the product for purchase which is very effective for small sized or extremely large sized products.
- Customers get an easy to calculate tool for purchase of variable sized products. It calculates the exact price per measurement instead of using a third party tool or buying it from a brick and mortar store.
- It allows customers to save money on small sized or larger scale products for various purposes. Customers can buy large quantities of flooring or fences for their home renovations instead of getting them piece by piece for an uneconomical price.
- The discount feature helps customers purchase in greater amounts. The pricing rules set by the merchant vary from product to product. With each added amount/size quantity, customers secure greater discounts. For instance, getting a fabric between 15-30 meters can give 10% discount but for more lengths such as 30-60 meters, a 15% discount will be added to the final price.
Looking for the M2 Version Instead?
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.4 220.127.116.11 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 18.104.22.168 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Compatible with 1.4 to 1.9.3