OverviewBack to top
This is an add-on of the Firebear Studio Improved Import and Export extension. To use this add-on, you must have purchased and installed Improved Import and Export first.
Viamedici EPIM — enterprise product information management — is a platform that provides tools for creating rich content. The EPIM handles product data, marketing information, and media assets of all sizes and contains professional apps for content translation into various languages. The built-in configurator allows creating and managing any page, including layouts, product descriptions, and elements of visual representation. The media asset module processes easily any image, graphics, audio, video, text and document files. Advances dictionaries with the Unicode support assist in broadcasting business ideas and any site info to the audience across the globe.
Account & Pricing
You need to be a client of Viamedici in order to create an account. To become a client - visit the Viamedici website. Pricing for the Viamedici EPIM services is individual and depends on your business size and the number of tools you want to include in the final suite. All the fee-related details are discussed with the Viamedici sales team.
Viamedici EPIM and Magento 2 Integration
This is the Viamedici EPIM Add-on of the Improved Import and Export extension for Magento 2. The add-on allows exchanging data between the Viamedici EPIM and a Magento 2 store via API. The following features are the core of the functionality:
- Import and export of products (including item images and related products);
- Import and export of categories;
- Import and export of attributes;
- Import of translators;
- Support of all the features specific for the Improved Import and Export extension.
The Viamedici Improved Import & Export Add-On is a tool for organizing store content. The add-on is a powerful helper for merchants who strive to make offers relevant to their audience needs and influence customer decisions with high-quality services. By means of data extraction and implementation, you can arrange your store content in the PIM provided by Viamedici. Import of complete assets allows inserting product structures of various complexity into your store database.
How The Viamedici PIM Add-On Works
The Viamedici Improved Import & Export Add-On is inseparable from the Improved Import & Export extension since it’s based on the extension logic. By installing Improved Import and Export for Magento 2 along with the Viamedici PIM add-on you turn any data transfer into a form of a simple rule — a job. Jobs introduce support of various import and export entities, sources for data pulling in and file types of the final output.
The add-on establishes a synchronization channel via an XML file. So the steps of setting up the job must be as following ones:
- Select an entity for import or export out of products, categories, attributes, and translation tools.
- Decide how the import or export will be processed: updated automatically with cron or refreshed manually.
- Insert the relevant XML file and add the XSLT template for import from VIamedici.
- Map data to prevent overlapping.
Import via XML source handles massive data easily. That means you can be sure your data won’t be lost regardless of its size. User-friendly nature of the Improved Import & Export jobs dramatically contributes to the functioning of data management practices. As a result, you organize proper process operation, save time and money on multiple administration tools and enrich your store content in a few clicks.
The Viamedici Improved Import & Export Add-On contains the following features:
- Import and export of products, attributes, and categories.
- Import of the Viamedici translation tools.
- Data import and export in XML format.
- Cron scheduling for automatic updates.
- Mapping of category and product attributes.
- Price adjustments.
- Open code and customization endpoints.
What you get with the integration is not limited to a single use-case. Aside from the powerful data administration practices, the integration introduces enhancements in SEO-friendliness with meta-data in text-blocks and layouts upon logical tags. The translation program implementation helps to hit the markets across the globe.
- Create irresistible content unique to your store with text and media asset management tools.
- Conquer high search result positions with SEO-friendly content presentation.
- Deliver your propositions through the world with powerful translation functionalities.
- Implement data regardless of the size.
- Automate content updates with cron scheduler.
- Map attributes to prevent database conflicts.
- Set up price rules worthy of rich product offers.
About Viamedici Integration
The core of the Viamedici Improved Import & Export Add-On lies within the management automation field. Due to the extensive features of Viamedici EPIM you can control the structure and visual representation of your content. Delivering appropriate messages that will increase customer satisfaction becomes extremely simple with the EPIM built-in intelligence. Improved Import and Export, from its side, provides reduced processing workflow and is highly accurate in data implementation.
About Improved Import
Improved Import and Export for Magento 2 is a multi-purpose tool that specializes in expanding the Magento 2 functionalities by means of accurate data implementation. The ability to transfer data between various platforms opens the way for unlimited integrations, cross-platform practice exchanges, and omnichannel feature adoption. Opportunities presented by the module help you to increase ROI and save time and costs on purchasing numerous tools for data management. Improved Import and Export for Magento 2 ensures all the crucial data operations are performed by a single extension.
Sneak-peek on what Improved Import & Export for Magento 2 holds:
- All product type support and custom logic for configurable product creation.
- Key Magento 2 entities support, including products, attributes, CMS pages, orders, customers, B2B entities.
- Import via files, FTP, SFTP, Dropbox, URL, Rest API, Soap API.
- CSV, XML, Json, XLSX, ODS formats available for import and export processing.
- Data mapping for correct implementation.
Visit Improved Import and Export product page for the full list of features.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
09 August, 2019
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Product Content
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor