Free MSI Add-on for Improved Import and Export extension for Magento 2.3, which allows to import and export warehouses and product stock per warehouse.
OverviewBack to top
This is an add-on of Firebear Studio Improved Import and Export extension. To use this add-on, you must have purchased and installed Improved Import and Export first.
You must also have installed the Magento 2.3 MSI free extension.
This is a Multi-Source Inventory (MSI) Add-on for Improved Import and Export extension for Magento 2. The add-on allows you to import and export entities added to Magento 2.3 with MSI extension developed by Magento community. The add-on comes with the following features:
- Import and export of multi-source inventory sources - warehouses
- Import and export of multi-source inventory product quantity per source
- Support of all features available for Improved Import and Export extension
The add-on allows importing stocks and stock sources, meaning you can import and export warehouses and product stock per warehouse source. The warehouses can be created during the import procedure, making the add-on particularly useful for integrations with CRM, ERP, and other management systems.
How MSI Add-On works
The MSI Add-on requires Magento 2.3 store with MSI extension functionality enabled. The add-on also requires Improved Import and Export extension for Magento 2 installed. With add-on installed, Magento 2 multi-source inventory entities become available for import and export using Improved Import and Export extension functionality.
Improved import and export procedures work the following way:
- The user creates an import or export job and schedules it or runs manually
- The user selects the entity that should be imported or exported from Magento 2, either stock source (warehouse) or stock quantity
- The user selects the import process behavior: add and update, replace, delete
- The user selects the source of the imported file: file upload, url, FTP, SFTP, Dropbox, Google Sheet
- The user applies attribute mapping if warehouse or stock attribute names differ from Magento 2 requirements
- The user executes the import or export procedure
Moreover, using Improved Import and Export extension functionality one can synchronize Magento 2 warehouses and product quantity per warehouse with any management software like CRM or ERP systems.
The Multi-Source Inventory Add-on for Improved Import and Export extension comes with the following features:
- Import and export of Magento 2 MSI stocks and stock sources
- Support of CSV, XML, Json, XLSX, ODS file formats
- Support of direct file upload, direct url, FTP, SFTP, Dropbox and Google Sheets import sources
- Mapping of stock and stock sources attributes
- Mapping of file separators
- Export job filters and consecutive export support
- Scheduling of import and export procedures
- Open code and customization endpoints
If you are using Magento 2.3 with free MSI extension, you probably have to manage multiple stock sources and update product quantity per stock regularly. Using MSI Add-on, you can automate this process and save some management time.
- Import and export procedures can be scheduled using cron-scheduler. With cron-scheduler you can select any required period the export and import processes should be executed automatically.
- Using Google Sheets, you can work with your team on a single table updating stock and warehouse information. When the table is ready, you can paste a link to the import job and import any changes directly to your Magento 2. Such jobs can be further enhanced with a schedule.
- If you are using any management software that uses XML, Json, XLSX or ODS files to store information you can import such files directly to your Magento 2 store. Improved Import and Export extension supports all file formats and allows for separator value mapping. Furthermore, if you use different naming for warehouse or stock attributes the extension will let you map your custom values with Magento 2 default naming.
Improved Import and Export extension is a fully-featured management tool with a robust feature list and available options. The use cases are pretty much unlimited, and you decide how to want to build your processes.
About Magento 2.3 MSI extension
Multi-Source Inventory is a free extension developed by Magento community for Magento 2.3 release. The extension enables the store owners to add multiple warehouses and manage product stock per warehouse.
If you have multiple brick and mortar stores or use multiple warehouses to ship the goods, the extension will let you control from which store or warehouse you want to ship the product. This functionality is incorporated in the order management section.
The extension is still in development, and new features are added with every release. Soon you can expect checkout improvements with stock pickup and store locator functionality. Remember to check for the updates regularly, as Firebear team will keep up offering new MSI entities for import and export.
About Improved Import and Export extension
The extension is a fully-featured import and export tool, which allows the store owners to manage all the processes directly from Magento 2 backend and requires little to none programming knowledge.
With Improved Import and Export you can drastically reduce management time with automatic stock updates, product information management (PIM), customer base synchronization with management software and other.
Improved Import and Export extension for Magento 2 features:
- Support of all product types, including bundle and grouped products, and custom logic for creating configurable products
- Support of most Magento 2 entities: orders, categories, product attributes, static blocks, static pages, customers and other
- Support of Magento 2 Commerce/Cloud B2B extension entities: companies, requisition lists, shared catalogs, negotiable quotes
- Open code and customization endpoints to let your development team adjust the extension for your needs exactly
Visit Improved Import and Export product page for the full list of features.
Technical Support & Installation
This is a free add-on of Improved Import and Export extension. Technical assistance and installation service are included in the Improved Import and Export license.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
* Initial release