OverviewBack to top
The netID Single Sign-on is a product of the European netID Foundation. The European netID Foundation was founded in March 2018 by Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland, ProSiebenSat.1 and United Internet. Its aim is to establish the netID Single Sign-On as a European alternative to US providers.
The netID SSO is based on OpenID Connect Protocol, therefore it is easy to implement and comparable to Facebook and Google login from a technical perspective. However, it is a European alternative and is designed, developed and operated with the EU GDPR in mind. Website operators that integrate the netID SSO can request individual users data, which includes socio-demographic as well as address data. The process is fully transparent for users, data transfer only happens on explicit user approval. Users can see clearly which of their data will be transmitted to the respective website operator.
In addition, users also get a full overview of all websites/services with which they are using their netID account and the data shared with each of these services. They can at any point in time revoke any further data transfer to an individual website. By integrating the netID SSO, website operators can lower the hurdles of users to register and offer a European alternative to Facebook and Google.
Account & Pricing
- Users who have a WEB.DE or GMX e-mail or a 7Pass account are netID ready. This means their WEB.DE or GMX e-mail or 7Pass accounts are also netID accounts, so there is no need to create another account. These users can use their WEB.DE, GMX or 7Pass credentials to log in to a website via netID SSO.
- Users who do not have an e-mail address at WEB.DE or GMX or a 7Pass account can register a netID account. This registration takes place during the initial use of a netID SSO if the system recognizes that a user has not a WEB.DE or GMX e-mail address or a 7Pass account. For users, this is a very convenient solution to create a netID account.
- Or you can create a netID account here: https://netid.de.
There is no cost for the netID service at this time.
- Single Sign-On and easy to implement due to OpenID Connect
- Around 38 million netID ready users
- European alternative to Facebook and Google login
- Transfer of user data (socio-demographic and address data)
- Transparent for users (privacy center in the netID user account to manage data approvals)
- Compliant with data protection
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current)
10 December, 2019
Extensions, Content & Customizations
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
initial version of the plugin
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor