Powerful and lightning fast Progressive Web App with best features of the website and mobile application to enhance your customers' engagement and drive traffic.
OverviewBack to top
Progressive Web App For Magento 2 is a perfect blend of the best features of the website as well as the mobile application. Because it is an amalgamation, it possesses the best of both. PWA generates from a browser and creates an icon of that application on home-screen if a customer permits. With PWA extension, the probability of your customer abandoning the website gets down to the minimum, and that leads to more traffic on the site and eventually more conversions.
How Does The Extension Work?
The admin can allow the pop-up to get displayed on the front-end. The admin can also set and change the short name which appears in the message which pops up when a visitor opens the website. The name is what appears below the icon when a visitor adds the app to their home screen. The admin can set and change the URL of the web page he wants to load when launching the app from the home screen shortcut. The admin can also change the theme colour of the browser, background colour of the app splash screen and icon of the app. The admin can select the display types which includes the web page, minimal UI, the standalone app and full-screen app. There are multiple screen orientations which can be changed and set too. The admin can specify various size dimensions of the icons for different devices separated by a comma.
This app allows the admin to send the notifications to the users even when they are not using the browser. The admin is allowed to add a new or to edit the existing notifications' status, title, description, target URL, store view and icon of the app and then resend it. There will be a detailed log of the notifications sent to the users. The admin can view that log and also manually delete those users to whom he doesn’t want to send notifications.
Summary Of Features:
- PWA is responsive and reliable like a native app.
- This app has all the required features which are similar to the native app.
- The customers can add the icon of PWA to the home screen.
- The customers do not require an app store to download this app.
- It launches and works instantly once the customers add it to their home screen.
- The admin can send engaging push notifications to the customers and drive more traffic.
- The management of this app is easy, and there are minimum maintenance costs.
- The app can load the cached pages even without the internet connection.
- The admin can send a notification to the particular store view subscribers.
Similar To Native Apps
Like any native app, PWA starts instantly. Once a customer comes to your page, the ‘Add to home screen’ option pops up and all a customer has to do is to press YES to add the shortcut icon. It is similar to a native app, just with more advantages.
Send Push Notifications
With this extension, you can send an engaging push notification to your customers. Frame a right message for your customers and notify them at the right time to enhance the engagement and drive quality traffic and hence boost conversions. You can keep your customers updated with the latest offers and products of your store by sending notifications on their browser even if they are not using the browser.
Easy And Automatic Updates
Once you install the PWA for Magento 2, that is the first and last task you have to do. Any changes or updations on the website, later on, will be auto-updated on your PWA instantly without you having to go through any hassles of updating it.
Launches Quickly Unconcerned Of Internet Connection
As the admin, you do not need to go through processes to get your PWA published, and the customers do not have to download your app from the store. All they need to do is to add it to their home screen. The best part is that the cached pages will get loaded in the app even without an internet connection. So, the pages that a user has opened up at least once while having the internet connection will be stored in the device’s cache memory so that it can quickly load in low or no internet connection.
Easy Management And Less Maintenance Cost
With PWA, it becomes easy for the admin to manage, change and upload the application name, application icon, theme colour, and to set the splash background colour of the PWA. Apart from that, in case of any changes made on the website, PWA gets updated automatically if the admin has the extension installed. Admin does not have to incur any extra costs to maintain the app individually.
Note: The browser pop-up will be sent based on the following three criteria:
- For the app icons sizes, you can add any dimensions as per the need, but it must include a 192px and a 512px sizes in that field.
- Display Type must be one of Minimal UI, Standalone App, Fullscreen App.
- The site URL must have HTTPS.
Note : If you are using Nginx server then please copy serviceWorker.js and firebase-messaging-sw.js file into pub folder.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 2.1 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
1. Added a feature: Configuration is given for sending notification or not. Now admin can enable or disable the setting for sending the notification. So the users can add the site as PWA even if the firebase account is not configured.
2. Improvement: ServiceWorker.js is also updated when the admin changes product information like price, description, etc.
3. Compatible with Magento CE 2.3
4. Compatible with Enterprise Edition 2.1.* - 2.3.*
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
This is the first release of the extension.