Send your subscribed users a push notification from your online store to the browser even when they are not on your website.
OverviewBack to top
Web push notifications are the desktop notifications that can be sent instantly to the subscribers even when their browser is in an idle state. The users will be prompted to allow the browser notifications when they open the site for the first time. If allowed, then such users will get desktop notifications instantly every time the admin sends it. Web push notification is an affordable and easy-going way for keeping the users updated with the latest offers and news.
As an instance, you can send push notifications to the subscribers when you have flash deals or discounts on your site or pitch back to your customers who have abandoned cart. The admin can easily decide whether to send instant notification or schedule the notification to be sent at a future time.
Account & Pricing:
The extension uses 'Firebase' third-party service to send the push notifications. It is a free service, and hence you do not need to pay any additional fee for the integration of the extension. If you do not configure this, the push notifications cannot be sent.
The account does not get created with the extension installation. You can create an account here: Google Firebase. In the account, you can find the 'server key' and 'sender id' which you need to configure in the extension.
- The admin enables to send the push notifications to the subscribed users even if they are not on your website but just online on the browser.
- The admin can set the title, message, and logo of the templates.
- The admin can create the list of templates which can be sent multiple times.
- The admin can schedule or instantly send the notifications to the users.
- The admin can view the list of subscribed users and the status of the notifications sent.
- There is no limitation on the number of subscribed users.
How does the extension work?
Whenever a customer subscribes, he initially receives a ‘Thank you’ notification which will get sent only once. You can edit the title and message of this Thank You notification. You can also set an icon which will get displayed on the web push notifications.
For any new templates, you can set the template title, template message, redirect URL key and template icon. And from the templates list, you can not only create a new template but also edit the existing templates provided which are not sent to the customers yet.
It enables you to send the notifications instantly or set a schedule for the same. You can configure the settings and schedule your notifications.
You can also view the list of notifications you have sent previously and the details about the type of notification, status, and the time at which a notification is scheduled and executed.
You can also get the list of those customers who have subscribed for the notifications.
- The extension supports only those websites which have HTTPS with it. So, your site URL must have HTTPS (SSL certificate) to send the notifications.
- To send the scheduled push notifications, you must set the default cron of the Magento. The extension comes with its cron to send the scheduled notifications, but it needs the default the Magento cron to execute the extension's cron. So here, when the Magento main cron gets executed, it will execute the extension's cron, and hence the scheduled notifications will be sent to customers.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with EE: 2.1 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
1. Compatible with Magento CE 2.3
2. Compatible with Enterprise Edition 2.1.* - 2.3.*