OverviewBack to top
Nowadays, Cash On Delivery (COD) is one of the most popular payment methods used by the customers. The reason it is more accepted is that it is an offline method where the customers can pay after the arrival of a product instead of paying in advance. So there are no hassles of disclosing any online payment details on the merchant site.
But the store owner often needs to add the extra charges on COD either based on the cart items or based on the subtotal. Thus, to facilitate the admin with this functionality, we have developed the extension, which allows the store owner to create different rules for applying the charges. The extra amount can be added either based on the order items or based on the order subtotal.
How does the extension work?
The extension allows the admin to set the extra charges on COD payment method. If the admin chooses to add an additional fees on the order subtotal, there will appear another grid where he needs to set Amount, Condition, Customer Group, Charge and Type accordingly. After setting these options, the extra fees will get applied to the specified subtotal.
But if the admin chooses to set an extra charge on the order items, then under the marketing, 'Emipro - Cash On Delivery Extra Charges' menu will appear. This menu allows the admin to manage different COD rules for the order items.
Under the Rule Information tab, the admin can set necessary rule information including rule name, rule description, website, and the customers group as well. The second tab, i.e., Condition allows the admin to set the conditions filtered on the attributes. It is the central part where the admin has to specify various conditions to apply an extra charge to the selected order items. In the Actions tab, you need to mention the charge type and the amount to add on the order items.
On the product page, a message 'Cash On Delivery available with extra charge $X' will display if the rules apply to that product. Or else it will not display any message at all. This message will appear if you have set the charge on the order items and not the order subtotal. In case of order subtotal, the extra amount will directly appear on the cart page.
The admin can also set a label to display during the checkout process.
- Allows the admin to set an extra charge based on the order items or order subtotal.
- If set an extra charge on the order items, the admin is authorised to
- View 'Emipro - Cash On Delivery Extra Charges' menu under marketing.
- Set different rules for COD charges on the order items.
- Set charge rule based on a different customer group.
- Set charge rule based on the multiple websites.
- If set an extra amount on order subtotal, the admin is authorised to
- Set separate charges for a different customer group.
- Apply customised Cash On Delivery Charges for all the products based on product's different parameters like product price, SKU, category or any product attributes.
- Add the extra charge based on the subtotal of order.
- Display Cash On Delivery availability with the extra charge with appropriate success message on a product page.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.1 (obsolete), 2.2 (obsolete)
19 April, 2021
Extensions, Payments & Security
Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Made it compatible with CE Magento 2.3
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
This is the first release of the extension.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor