Mandates customer account approval by the admin to login after registration. Allows to activate and deactivate customer accounts from admin.
OverviewBack to top
Customer Approve & Disapprove extension extends the customer registration functionality without affecting the default registration process. It restricts store customers from logging in before their account gets approved. It facilitates the admin to automatically or manually approve customers, those registers to store. Specific or multiple customers can be approved/disapproved quickly through custom multi-action.
Customers will be either redirected to a selected page of your choice or receive an error message when trying to log in until they get approved. Redirection and error message depends on configuration in backend. Default CMS page for redirection is set to Account Awaiting Approval which comes with the extension.
One or more email addresses can configure to send out email notification to admin when a new customer registers on the store. Customers will get notified as soon as he gets approved (in case of manual approval). Configuration in backend can be done for each store or website separately.
It doesn’t affect the existing customers of the store, all accounts remain active until they are manually disapproved from backend after extension installation.
Why Customer Approve & Disapprove?
- Pre approval of every new customer registers in your store.
- Disapprove customer’s account from backend to deny their login access.
How it works?
- New customer register in store.
- Admin gets email notification as soon new account created.
- Customer gets redirect to account approval page or gets notify message for account approval.
- As soon as admin approves the customer account, an email notification send out to the customer.
- Multi store configuration with single installation: Extension also works fine with multiple store. It can be configured for each and every store in your single Magento installation.
- Auto and Manual account approval: Registered customers account can either approve automatically on registration or manually by admin from backend. Admin can approve/disapprove one or more customer account at a time from the grid.
- Waiting Approval CMS page: There is an option to create a custom CMS page with a waiting message for approval, where customers will redirect after registration or try login before their account approval.
- Custom email templates: Admin can create custom email templates and select it for account approval email notification that is send to the customer, once his account gets approved.
- Auto email notification: Admin and customers get respective email notification on registration and account approval. You can create and select different email templates for each notification.
- Custom message and redirection: After registration or during login, custom message can be set to display when customers account are not approved.
We can use this extension with many different ways or as per our requirement. Here are some possible cases:
- Don’t let any customer login to their account before admin approval: In this case every customer registers to your store would be unapproved by default and can not login to his account until an admin approve his account manually from backend. Once the admin approves the account he will get notified and login access to the account he is registered with.
- Auto approve all customers and disapproves or suspend them from backend later: In this case every customer registers to your store would get approved by default and can access his account directly without any pre approval. Admin can disapprove or suspend any customer account form backend if required. After admin disapproval the customer can not login to his account until it gets approved by admin.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 184.108.40.206 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- [Added] Compatibility adjustments for Magento versions 1.9.3.x and 1.9.4.x.
- [Added] PHP v7.2 compatibility.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 220.127.116.11 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2
- Stability: Stable Build
- Fixed the customer group issues if auto approval is enabled.
- Performance and stability enhancements.