Quick search is an Ajax based search functionality which provides auto-complete words and auto suggestion for searching terms.
OverviewBack to top
Quick Search enhances your store's search capability with autocomplete search keywords and suggestion with relevant keywords. It helps to get more accurate results with less effort and increase customer interaction. It provides a quick and easy way to search product on your store. This attractive feature also saves customers time to find products on your store and helps to drive more sales. It is a must have extension for every store, helps users to get more relevant products based on its context attributes.
Search results are not limited to products only, Quick Search provides global search functionality where searches can be made through store categories and CMS pages. Easy and enrich in customisation options, makes this extension more preferable, easy to adapt and suitable for every store. It gives you the options to modify results look and feel, you can change character length of description and height/width of thumbnails or show/hide from result window.
Why Quick Search?
- Search suggestion with autocomplete keywords.
- Quick way of finding relevant products on the store.
- Do not affect Magento default search functionality.
- Multi store configuration with single installation: Extension works fine with multiple store. Now days many Magento sites are configured for multiple stores with a single installation and Quick Search facilitate to configure it for each and every store separately.
- Search term customization: Extension provides the option to set a minimum number of characters to search and result will be shown as soon as the user enters the required minimum characters.
- Result customization: Search results in search preview window can also be customized for showing results. You can set the number of results to show, products thumbnail or description to show, set height and width for thumbnails, etc.
- Advance search capabilities: Extension has also facilitated searching in category and CMS pages. It makes your search results global in store. Both features can be enabled/disabled separately.
- Search Filters: It provides you the options to add category and CMS page filter along with a search bar. This helps to filter the results for specific category and page.
- Result Sorting: It makes sorting of results possible in result window. You can set default sorting type of results by any field from admin panel, where you can select a field to sort by and sort order for the results.
- Disable Merge JS-CSS option from System > Developer.
- Enable all the Caches from System > Cache Management.
- Extract the downloaded extension zip.
- Upload all files to the appropriate folders.
- Clear and flush all Caches.
- Logout from admin and re-login again.
- Re-run the compilation from System > Tools > Compilation. (Only if compilation enabled)
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 184.108.40.206 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2
- Stability: Stable Build
It provides the most attractive feature autocomplete and suggest to your search box