This module will allow the store to change themes depending on the device type the user is using or to redirect the user based on the device.
OverviewBack to top
The module can be used to load different themes base on the client device (desktop, tablet, mobile). It uses the template exception system to load a different theme based on the user device. It can also be used to redirect users based on the device they are coming from, for example, if the user comes from a mobile device they can be redirected to another domain.
The "Detect" helper can be used to process diffrent parts of the code based on the device type. The helper can be used to get the mobile detect object library to do a more detailed device type segmentation. The module uses the library from https://github.com/serbanghita/Mobile-Detect
How to use
The main configuration can be done under the Content > Design > Configuration. There (Design Rule > User Agent Rules) you can add user agent expressions to separate the designs.
- add "eadesign_is_mobile" to load a theme for mobile;
- add "eadesign_is_tablet" to load a theme for tablet;
- add "eadesign_is_desktop" to load a theme for desktop.
Under system configuration you need to enable the extension. Also there you will find 3 fields for redirects. If you add a URL to the mobile field (Redirect to mobile url) for example, the user will be redirected to the URL in there. This can be useful if you want to use a different website/store view URL for the mobile theme.
How to install the module
You can install the module by:
- composer or manually by adding it to the app/code directory, the module is available on packagist.org;
- from Magento Marketplace by download;
- from Github.
Just remove the module. The configuration will not impact your store.
- is 100% open source;
- easy to install;
- has very clean readable code;
- has a very simple and usable interface.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
Added a number of features and fixes.