OverviewBack to top
Rss Feed Reader extension for Magento 2 provides the functionality to display rss feed articles from any existing blog/website onto any static/dynamic page of your Magento 2 store. The extension helps in promoting products and services from your other multiple channels onto your Magento store.
Thanks to many configurable settings that are easy to configure you can control the display of the feed articles as per your Magento store's design aesthetics. Please note the feed url should be of valid XML format.
This extension can be used in case you want to show articles from any existing blog/website on your Magento store. For example, let's say you have an existing blog based on WordPress and a store based on Magento, This extension can be used to show short details about the recent 5 blog articles on the web-store as seen in the image.
There are various options provided in the admin section:
Module Enable: If set to 'No' RSS feed will not be seen. Default value is set to 'No' when installed
Number of Articles: Specify the number of articles to be displayed.
Show Description: If description is found in the feed, whether to show it or not.
Max characters in description: The maximum number of characters to be displayed in summary. Complete words are respected and not truncated.
Show Date: Show the date with the articles.
Date Format : Specify the date format, if Show Date is set to Yes.
Show Links: If an anchor link is allowed or not, the article title will have a link to the article detail page.
Kindly note default values are already filled, for you to easily configure the module as seen in the image gallery.
There are multiple ways the store owner/admin can pass the feed url using widgets, blocks, pages and even from view files, kindly check the manual for details.
- As shown in the image I have set the url of Google news rss feed in a block from the admin and you can see the news articles in the left column of the site, in other image I have shown a way to set the url from the page
- Also in one of the image you can see the articles from my Wordpress blog in the left column of the site
- Multiple configurations are provided
- Configuration settings are part of the ACL, so can be assigned to specific admin group or user
- Multiple rss feed url can be set at a time
- Easier to configure and use
- Articles view can be customized as the per the site design theme, need understanding of the Magento theme though
- For the advanced user, code examples are provided, using which you can set the url from the view/layout files.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current)
19 June, 2019
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
DW Rss Feed Reader 2.0.0
An extension to display RSS feed articles on any page/block with many configuration settings
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor