Provide auto search suggestions in an efficient manner. Results include: Products, Categories and CMS Pages. Supports keyword navigation in the search suggestions.
OverviewBack to top
eCommerce stores can be a maze. Help your customers find their way through this maze of products, by assisting them in finding what they want in lightning fast time. Mega Search gives your website a powerful ability to search products and contents with ease, using built-in features such as auto-suggest and multiple content type search.
Mega Search module provides auto search suggestions in an efficient manner. It provides search results which includes Products, Categories and CMS Pages. The Mega Search module also supports keyword navigation in the search suggestions.
- Effective product & non-product searches
- Auto suggests relevant products, categories & CMS Pages
- Supports key navigations to select / navigate through results
- Enlarged suggestions box
- Search keyword will be highlighted in search suggestions
- Most of the options are manageable from the back-end
- Product Information like name, image, short description, and rating will be listed in the suggestions
- Shown tabs in search results page with products, categories and CMS pages with respective counts
Login to Magento backend and navigate to STORES->Configuation->DCKAP and select the tab 'Mega Search'.
In General Options,
- Select Enabled to Yes for enabling the module.
- Specify Minimum Characters for checking search suggestions only when minimum number of characters entered.
Suggestions Limit Configuration:
Navigate to STORES->Configuation->DCKAP and select the tab 'Mega Search'.
In Suggestions Limits, provide appropriate numbers to limit search suggestions for Products, Categories and Pages.
This configuration provides the module to list specified number of search suggestions such as products, categories & CMS pages even if the results are more. A more link is provided with the suggestions to navigate to see all search results.
Navigate to STORES->Configuation->DCKAP and select the tab 'Mega Search' and select the tab 'Categories'.
This configuration avoids top level categories to be listed in search suggestions. This is intended to store owners for not displaying root categories in the suggestions.
Navigate to STORES->Configuation->DCKAP and select the tab 'Mega Search' and select the tab 'Pages'.
- Specify Description Length in Search Suggestions to a valid number which limits the description length of CMS Pages in Search Suggestions.
- Specify Description Length in Search Results Page to a valid number which limits the description length of CMS Pages in Search Results Page.
- Specify Exclude Pages with CMS Page IDs as comma separated to not be listed in Search Suggestions / Search Results Page.
- Specify Pagination Allowed Values for pagination values in CMS Pages Tab of Search Results Page.
- Provide Pagination Default Value to a specific number as a default value. Must be in the allowed values list.
Mega Search suggestions provide search results including Products, Categories & CMS Page results. Categories results include the hierarchy path which also helps to find the respective category. More Link / Title will navigate to the search results page of respective block.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.0 2.1
- Compatible with EE: 2.0 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
Mega Search Initial stable version