Add the functionality to set Cash on Delivery (COD) charges at the website and country level in your store. These additional charges will be applied during the checkout process and will be visible in order detail & other pages.
OverviewBack to top
While the shop owners provide various payment options to shop online, Cash on Delivery (COD) remains one of the most popular and widely used payment options. This particular method is considered safe and convenient as the buyers pay at the time of product delivery. It reduces the credit card fraud risk and eliminates additional credit card charges applied by the sellers. However, sellers have to pay handling charges to the courier company handling the cash collection.
This extension provides an option to the Admin to start accepting charges for Cash on Delivery. The back end configuration allows the Admin to set COD charges at the global level, website level, or individual destination country level.
Use Cases For Store Owners
- Setting up COD charges at the global level: The store owner can charge a fix amount for multiple websites and this can be done using “Default Config” setting.
- Setting up COD charges at the website level: If store owner needs separate charges for each website, then it can be done using “Website Level” setting.
- Setting up COD charges at the country level: Store admin can set different COD charges for each destination country. For each country, store owner can also set different values based on the order amount. For example, if the order amount is less than $100, store admin can charge $5 and if the order amount is between $101 and $500, store admin can charge $15. This can be done by importing the CSV file in the prescribed format. Sample file for format is also available in the configuration settings section.
- Easy to use interface in the Admin panel for store owners
- Enable Cash on Delivery option from the settings menu on the Admin panel
- View the list of destination countries using COD charges with range and values in pop-up menu
- Download sample CSV file for importing the COD charges
- Set COD charges at the global level, website level, and country level with multiple range
- Display COD charges on order detail page, invoice, and other pages on the front-end and Admin panel
Technical Support & General queries
For any general or technical queries, write to: email@example.com
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
First version of the extension.