Sell subscriptions by integrating the Stripe Payment Gateway with Magento Recurring Profiles.
OverviewBack to top
NOTE: This is an add-on module to our Stripe Payments Magento® extension, which means that you must have the latest version of Stripe Payments installed before installing this module.
Stripe Subscriptions is most likely the single most advanced subscriptions module available in the entire Magento Marketplace. The module allows merchants to sell subscriptions by integrating the Stripe Payment Gateway with Magento's Recurring Profiles. However, the module's strengths are that it extends Magento's core recurring profile features to allow subscriptions to be purchased together with regular products, in multiple quantities, with coupon discounts, advanced tax calculations that work with discounts and shipping costs, placing subscription orders from the admin area and much more. Choose any other subscriptions module and you will quickly find that you will struggle with a number of these important problems.
The Stripe Payments module provides the foundation which includes sophisticated security features such as Stripe Radar, 3D Secure, AVS, Stripe.js v3, Stripe Elements etc. These security features will enable you to accept secure, PCI DSS v3.2 compliant payments on your website. At the time being, no other Stripe module supports Stripe.js v3, which is the only PCI compliant security method provided by Stripe, with Stripe.js v2 being depreciated as part of the most recent PCI DSS regulations. Stripe Payments is the only module in the marketplace that offers true PCI compliance capabilities.
Our Stripe modules work so well and so much better than any other dedicated subscription modules for Magento, that we often see customers using other payment gateways switch to Stripe just because of how powerful our modules are.
Stripe is a payment gateway with a very simple pricing model. In the United States, the pricing would be a simple 2.9% +30¢ per transaction with no monthly fees, refund costs or other hidden fees. You can check the pricing for your country by clicking here. Stripe is one of the most cost effective, reliable and user friendly payment gateways in the world.
Your earnings from Stripe are automatically transferred to your bank account on a 7-day rolling basis. It will accept all major international debit or credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard and American Express from customers anywhere in the world. You can charge your customers in any currency, which will be converted in your country's local currency at an excellent conversion rate.
★ Features ★
- The module allows merchants to sell subscriptions for Magento®'s virtual, simple, grouped, bundled and configurable products.
- Subscriptions can be ordered in multiple quantities and can have variable shipping costs and tax. An appropriate subscription plan is automatically created in your Stripe account depending on the amount.
- Uses exactly the same interface as Magento® to create recurring profiles for existing products.
- Supports trial periods for subscriptions.
- Supports initial/setup fees only charged with the first payment.
- Supports coupons and discounts, i.e. Magento® coupons are matched with Stripe coupons by coupon code so that discounts can be applied to the subscriptions.
- Customers can cancel, pause or resume (suspend or activate) subscriptions from their account. Pausing/resuming subscriptions can be enabled or disabled from the configuration.
- Magento® admins can also cancel, pause or resume subscriptions from the Magento® admin area.
- Admins can create mail/telephone orders (MOTO) that contain subscription products from the Magento® admin area (normally not possible with Magento® recurring profiles)
- Subscriptions can be purchased together with regular products (normally not possible with Magento® recurring profiles).
- Multiple subscriptions can be purchased together (normally not possible with Magento® recurring profiles).
- Subscriptions can be used in bundled and grouped products in combination with regular products.
- Supports custom product options for subscriptions.
- Automatically creates recurring orders with Stripe Webhooks - At the end of each billing period, the module re-creates the original orders. Initial fees and expired coupons are removed from the recurring orders.
- The orders can be re-created in any "Order Status" based on the module's configuration.
- Can be configured to send order emails to the customer with every recurring order.
- Fixes Magento®'s totals which normally do not add subscriptions price in the Grand Total.
- Multi-store and multi-currency websites support, including all of Stripe's zero-decimal currencies.
- Optionally enable Amazon-style saved credit cards for faster customer checkouts. Customers can review and remove their cards from their account.
- Automatically assign or un-assign customers to customer groups when they buy or cancel a subscription.
- Automatically assign customers to a different group if a recurring payment fails, again handled with Stripe Webhooks.
- When a subscription is canceled through Stripe, Stripe Webhooks will also cancel the recurring profile in Magento®.
- Merchants can choose to create invoices for new and recurring subscription orders manually or automatically, depending on when they ship subscription items to customers.
- Works out of the box with IWD One Page Checkout, aheadWorks OneStepCheckout, GoMage Light Checkout, Fire Checkout and many other one page checkout modules.
- This is an add-on to our Stripe Payments module so it works in tandem with it for both regular payments and subscriptions.
- Includes translation files for multi-language websites
- 1 year access to free upgrades. learn more
- Free customer support learn more
- 25-day money back guarantee learn more
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 220.127.116.11 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- Stripe Webhooks re-engineering: All webhooks for all add-ons are now handled with a single endpoint from the core Stripe Payments module. You no longer need to configure a separate endpoint for each add-on. Duplicate event requests will be safely discarded and Magento's internal event dispatcher will be used. You can now also enable all events in your Stripe account and they will be handled only if they are implemented in Stripe Payments or in one of the add-ons. All webhook requests and responses are now logged under var/log.
- Added configuration option which if enabled, requires guest customers to log in before buying subscriptions
- Added admin notification mechanism to check if the minimum required version of Stripe Payments is installed
- Other stability improvements
- Compatible with CE: 1.6 1.6.1 18.104.22.168 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2
- Stability: Stable Build
- Subscriptions can now be created with Source API sources, which are created from Stripe Payments v2.7.0 onwards using Stripe Elements or 3D Secure Preview API
- A tax_percent parameter is now passed to the Stripe API when creating subscriptions
- The shipping cost and discounts are now taxable in Magento, to match Stripe's tax calculation algorithm when tax_percent is used
- When discount coupons are used for subscriptions that have tax and shipping costs, tax is now re-calculated on the recurring orders when the discount coupon expires
- Upgrade to Stripe API 2016-07-06
- Stripe Payments 2.2.0 compatibility provisions for 3D Secure
- Added new locale strings
- More user friendly error reporting