OverviewBack to top
Commerce Direct is an app to help turn ad costs into savings for you and your customers! Many businesses spend and waste a significant amount (40%+ in some cases) of their Digital Advertising budget on repeat/existing customers. This app is part of a larger suite of tools we offer at Commerce Direct designed to help marketers boost their ROI on ad spend. We enable e-commerce brands to build direct relationships with their repeat customers using machine-learning generated discounts. This tool identifies eligible returning customers that inflate acquisition advertising costs and persuades them to shop directly on your site in exchange for discounts. Direct integration with Google Ads is required by linking your ads account with our MCC account (though an invite link). This enables ads cost data to be automatically loaded into our system for modeling and discount generation. Once the app is installed, you must provide your Google Ads ID to email@example.com for this integration to begin.
This tool will help influence the behavior of your customers by shopping directly on your site rather than arriving through expensive, paid search channels using messaging reminders that expose discounts for eligible repeat/existing customers. The generated discounts are the predicted ad costs that would have been spent to re-acquire them on search/shopping ads. These ad cost savings from your existing customers (40%+ in some cases) can provide significant financial rewards for you and incentivize your customers to shop directly with you going forward.
Account & Pricing:
A separate Google Ads account is required with a minimum monthly ad spend of $2,000 per month. Once the ads account ID is sent to us, we will send an invitation to link your account with our MCC system account which will allow for ongoing ads data onboarding. No additional API/integration work is required nor will there will be any fees will be incurred during this process. Our system will automatically pull ads data for modeling into our system. New Merchants will need to contact us to complete the implementation process by providing their Google Ads ID to begin ads data integration with our system via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An extension performance fee of 4% will be applied to all Ad Cost Savings generated by the system. This performance fee will only be applied to the saved ad dollars, in other words, it is only applied if it works and saves you/your customers money! For additional account and pricing questions, please contact us.
- Take advantage of the latest machine-learning technology to detect and reward loyal customers when they navigate directly to your site to shop.
- The Extension’s messaging and design is customizable and can be white-labeled for a frictionless experience for your customers.
- Your customers don’t need to install anything to unlock the savings — it works seamlessly with your shopping cart and existing traffic flow with eligible visitors/customers.
- The extension optimizes the cost savings for you and your customers using AI/machine-learning while also allowing configurable options for how you’d like to distribute the ad cost savings.
Once the extension is installed and the tool has captured the necessary data, the extension will automatically identify, analyze, and generate a portion of the predicted ad spend as a discount for eligible customers using AI/machine learning. (Those that frequently arrive via search ads to shop on the site). Below we illustrate the sequence and UI of the plugin the visitor will see when eligible and qualified, and they subsequently land on the cart page to make a purchase. Once all discounts are exhausted, the visitor will be asked to continue shopping directly with you for future discounts that may be available.
- If the visitor is qualified but ineligible, (in other words, our system identifies the visitor as a frequent shopper entering through search/shopping ads) the extension will expose the standard price and direct price, which cannot be redeemed on that visit, so that visitor can remember for the next time.
- If the visitor is not qualified and ineligible (in other words, our system cannot identify the visitor as eligible for a discount because they already shop direct or via other channels or cannot be accurately predicted), then the visitor will not see the plugin at all and the standard cart/checkout pricing and the process will present itself.
- Eligible and Qualified Customer: Navigates directly to your site and adds an item to the cart. This customer has been identified as eligible for a discount. The discount is applied to the cart/checkout automatically. Once the discount is redeemed, our system will be updated to ensure that only the correct discount amounts are offered and used for subsequent visits.
- Qualified but In-eligible Customer: Navigates to your site through a paid search/shopping ad and adds an item to the cart. This customer has been identified as Eligible for a discount in our system, however, their behavior of arriving at the site via an Ad has flagged the user as not able to redeem the discount at that time. The visitor will be shown the discount price and standard price while given the option to bookmark the site to help them change their behavior for the next time they shop at your site. Only the standard price may be redeemed for that visit.
- Not Qualified and In-eligible Customer: All other traffic which includes visitors that have not been identified in our system as customers that can and/or need to be offered a discount to change their behavior. Regardless of traffic source, this cohort will not be shown any discount unless they become Eligible/Qualified in the future.
- Predicted ad cost/savings distribution settings are configurable according to business goals. For example, if you would like to distribute 50% of the generated savings by the extension to your business and 50% to your customers, this can be configured. The distribution percentage is flexible per your business requirements.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
05 November, 2020
Extensions, Marketing, Advertising
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.2 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3 2.4
Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.2 2.3 2.4
Stability: Stable Build
Compatible with Open Source (CE): 2.x
Stability: Stable Build
Initial public release.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor