Create and track custom coupon error messages when customers attempt to apply a coupon code to their shopping cart, but that discount cannot be applied.
OverviewBack to top
The Custom Coupon Error Messages extension allows you to create, track, and display custom coupon error messages when customers attempt to apply a coupon code to their shopping cart, and for a particular reason, that discount cannot be applied. Offering discounts on a customer’s cart price is an important sales strategy. Coupon codes are easy to distribute, but can sometimes be difficult to track. What happens when a customer goes to use a coupon code and it doesn’t work? It can be frustrating for customers when coupon codes aren’t valid at checkout and no error message is displayed. A single coupon code that isn’t working can result in decreased sales and more work for a customer service team, who must explain the error to customers each time.
Add Custom Coupon Error Messages
By using the Coupon Error Messages extension, you can save customer frustration by displaying a logical reason why a coupon code cannot be applied to the shopping cart.
This creates a better user experience for shoppers and decreases the workload for store customer service.
Detailed messages for possible errors can be added to each of your coupons in advance, no matter what language they are in or who they are intended for. Customers will no longer need to guess why a Magento® coupon code is not working or contact your customer service team for an answer! This greatly reduces time your customer service team spends answering the same questions.
Custom Coupon Error Messages Extension for Magento® Uses:
- Coupon Messages– Display checkout error messages from invalid coupon codes
- Inform Customers– Relay important coupon code information to customer
- Shopper Experience– Increase user experience for online shoppers
- Introduce Promotions- Use error messages to introduce future promotions or other applicable coupons
- Organize Coupons- Easily organize coupon codes and coupon error messages
- Coupon Tracking- Track how many times a coupon code is used
Examples of Magento® Coupon Error Messages:
- Condition Not Met- The coupon does not meet the condition specified.
- Expired– Coupon codes are past their expiration date
- One-time Use- A coupon has already been applied once
- Login Required- Display an error message when customer login is required
- Code Doesn’t Exist- Coupon codes no longer exists
- Wrong Customer Group- A coupon code is assigned only to a specific customer group.
- Other- Any other reason for rejecting a coupon code
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.6 1.6.1 188.8.131.52 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- added integration with Magestore Onepagecheckout module.