Preserves cart contents and viewing history for guest customers
OverviewBack to top
Customers have their experience stored in a 'session' but unless they are registered users that session is temporary and short-lived. Guest Cookies preserves their shopping cart, view history and comparable products independently of the session so that customers may return to a site weeks, months or years later and continue their shopping.
Magento normally stores all carts in its database even for guest users who might never be seen again. This isn't a waste of space for Guest Cookies; it stores a unique, secure token in the customer's browser. When the customer returns the token will be recognised and the customer will find their cart exactly as they left it.
- Cart contents are preserved for guest customers if they return with the same browser.
- Any coupons entered on the cart page will be saved too.
- Shipping and billing information is also preserved if the customer has started the checkout process as a guest.
- Recently viewed products can be preserved in a cookie.
- Products selected for comparison can be preserved in a cookie.
- Cookies may be stored for up to 25 years.
- No sensitive data is transmitted nor stored in cookies and no extra data is stored in the database that wouldn't already be.
- Customers are not required to enter any personal information.
- Abandoned carts are recovered when the customer returns, thereby improving your site's bounce rate.
- Lifetime support is included.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 188.8.131.52 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Back by popular demand, this version of Guest Cookies was previously available on Connect.