Use Trade Runner to list and sell products from your Magento store on Trade Me, New Zealands largest marketplace.
OverviewBack to top
Install the Trade Runner extension for a quick and easy way to list and sell your products on Trade Me, New Zealands largest online marketplace. Trade Runner connects to your Magento store via the APIs and imports all of your active Magento products into Trade Runner. You can then choose which products you would like to sell on Trade Me. Trade Runner will create the listings on Trade Me and keep them updated in almost real time. For example, if a product sells out on your magento store, Trade Runner will update Trade Me and remove the listing so you don't oversell.
When a customer on Trade Me buys one of your products, Trade Runner will send the order back to your Magento store for fulfilment.
You can also use Trade Runner to change product data such as price, product title or description before the listing is created on Trade Me without needing to change the products in your Magento store.
Account & Pricing
To use Trade Runner, you will also need a Trade Me account. Sign up online or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a Trade Me account. Trade Runner is a free extension however, you are required to pay Trade Me fees on successful sales.
- Listing Creation: Trade Runner automatically creates listings on Trade Me
- Product Syncing: Product Listings are kept up to date by a complete product sync once every 24 hours. Inventory is updated in almost real time. Listings on Trade Me are ended automatically if a product sells out from your Magento store
- Orders: Orders Trade Me Trade Runner are sent back to Magento for easy fulfilment. Trade Runner checks Trade Me for Orders every couple of minutes, when we receive an order we send it straight through to your Magento store for fulfilment.
- Stock Buffers: Set up a stock buffer in Trade Runner to reduce the chance of overselling on Trade Me
- Category Mapping: Map your products to Trade Me categories so that your products appear in the right place when a customer is searching. Use suggested categories or choose from the full list of categories on Trade Me.
- Product Blocking: Choose which products to list or block from listing on Trade Me
- Customise Pricing and Promotions The Promotions feature lets you increase or decrease the price of all products or a group of SKUs without changing the price in your Magento store.
- Product Bundles Group the same or different products together and price them differently to create product bundles.
How it works
INSTALL - Install the extension from the Magento Marketplace
IMPORT - Trade Runner imports all active products from Magento
CREATE - Trade Runner creates and updates listings on Trade Me
FULFIL - Orders from Trade Me are sent back to Magento for fulfilment
About Trade Me
Trade Me is New Zealand's most popular website and where Kiwi's buy and sell online. In a country with a population of 4.6 million people we have a membership of 3.9 million. here are some key facts:
- Started in 1999
- Has 3.9 Million members
- 848,000 people visit daily
- 75% of our listings are new items
- An item is sold every 2.5 seconds
- Trade Me has more users in New Zealand than Facebook
Trade Runner has been developed by Trade Me in conjunction with our partner Omnivore to provide a quick and simple way for Magento retailers to sell on Trade Me. Omnivore specialise in connecting ecommerce retailers to online marketplaces.
We provide phone and email support to ensure you have the help you need, when you need it. More information and FAQs are available in our help section.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
Initial public release to marketplace.