Pure Java Type 4 JDBC Driver. Write SQL, get Magento data. Codeless integration with popular tools. Integrate Java Apps with live Magento data!
OverviewBack to top
The JDBC Driver for Magento is a powerful tool that allows you to easily connect-to live Magento data through any JDBC capable application or tool! With the Driver users can access Magento the same way that they would connect to any other JDBC data source. The Drivers are completely self-contained; no additional software installation is required.
The JDBC Driver for Magento offers the most natural way to access Magento data from any Java/J2EE application. Simply use the driver to connect and access data just as you would access any traditional database. The driver is completely self-contained - no additional software installation is required!
- Access Magento data through widely available tools. The JDBC interface offers the greatest accessibility to Magento data from Java based applications and developer technologies.
- Advanced wire-protocol SSL security for remote connectivity.
- Faster application deployment and configuration.
Connect To Magento From BI, ETL, & Reporting Tools
JDBC is the most widely supported interface for connecting Java-based applications with data. All kinds of BI, Reporting, ETL, Database, and Analytics tools offer the ability to read and write data via JDBC connectivity.
The driver wraps the complexity of accessing Magento services in an easy-to-integrate, pure Java JDBC Driver. Applications then access Magento through the JDBC driver with simple Transact-SQL.
The CData JDBC Driver for Magento hides the complexity of accessing data and provides additional powerful security features, smart caching, batching, socket management, and more.
Magento Application Integration
The Driver for Magento has the same JDBC architecture as the JDBC drivers for MySQL and OLEDB, including Connection, Statement and ResultSet objects. Because of this you can now access Magento data in an easy, familiar way. You can use the JDBC Driver for Magento through popular IDEs (Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans, etc.), in code through familiar classes, and in data controls available through Swing, Eclipse SWT Widgets, etc.
More Than Read-Only: Full Update/CRUD Support
The Driver for Magenot goes beyond read-only functionality to deliver full support for Create, Read Update, and Delete operations (CRUD). Your end-users can interact with the data presented by the driver as easily as interacting with a database table.
- Pure Java Type 4/5* Drivers: 100% Java architecture based drivers that implement the native protocol without reliance on client-side libraries. *(Our drivers fit the definition of Type 5 drivers; however, there are only 4 official JDBC Driver types.)
- All-in-One Deployment: Single JAR that supports JDBC 3.0 and JDBC 4.0 specification and JVM versions 1.5 and above.
- Certified Compatibility: Our drivers undergo extensive testing and are certified to be compatible with leading analytics and reporting applications like SAP Crystal Reports, Pentaho, Business Objects, Crystal Reports and many more.
- Metadata Discovery:Full support for JDBC DatabaseMetaData provides extensive schema discovery capabilities. Explore tables, columns, keys, and other data constructs based on user identity.
- Developer Friendly: Design-time support for all major Java IDEs, including Eclipse, IntelliJ, and NetBeans.
- JDBC Remoting: Our exclusive remoting feature allows hosting the JDBC connection on a server to enable connections from various clients on any platform (Java, .NET, C++, PHP, Python), using any standards-based technology (ODBC, JDBC, etc.). JDBC Remoting is enabled using the popular MySQL wire protocol server.
- Replication and Caching: Our replication and caching commands make it easy to copy data to local and cloud data stores such as Oracle, SQL Server, Google Cloud SQL, etc. The replication commands include many features that allow for intelligent incremental updates to cached data.
- String, Date, Numeric SQL Functions: The driver includes a library of over 50 functions that can manipulate column values into the desired result. Popular examples include Regex, JSON, and XML processing functions.
- Collaborative Query Processing: Our drivers enhance the data source's capabilities by additional client-side processing, when needed, to enable analytic summaries of data such as SUM, AVG, MAX, MIN, etc.
- Easily Customizable and Configurable: The data model exposed by our JDBC Drivers can easily be customized to add or remove tables/columns, change data types, etc. without requiring a new build. These customizations are supported at runtime using human-readable schema files that are easy to edit.
- Secure Connectivity: Includes standard Enterprise-class security features such as TLS/ SSL data encryption for all client-server communications.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.3 1.4 184.108.40.206 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 220.127.116.11 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build