OverviewBack to top
Every professional merchant knows they should manage their customers right from the start. However, there are such cases in which the default Magento automatic customer approval fails your needs:
- B2B store/Restricted website: You may want to review each registration for business/security purposes before granting access. However, automatic approval does not allow for careful consideration.
- Get rid of trash accounts: A long customer list with dozens of spam accounts makes it hard for management and marketing activities. An inability to sort out customers from the start may also increase costs.
- Members of internal websites: If you need to keep a close eye on members, review their accounts from the very beginning and grant them appropriate permissions.
We have developed Customer Approval for Magento 2 extension to blow those headaches away. It ensures that:
- The admin has time to verify the registered account before deciding whether to activate it or not.
- Customers are updated on the admin’s decision via notification emails and messages upon the storefront's login attempts.
- The admin can choose to allow automatic approval yet still able to change accounts' status later.
Notify Admin Of New Account Registration
Whenever there is a customer to create a new account, the admin will receive an email notification. This feature helps the admin keep in the right touch with potential customers from the beginning.
Preview & Approve/Reject Customer Account
Like the default, all customer registrations will be updated on the Customer Grid. However, there is an additional column where the admin can check the account status: Pending, Approved, and Disapproved.
If the admin wants to update any account's status, he can click anywhere on the corresponding row and change its value. Mass action is supported. If the admin needs to get the customer insight, he can go to the customer information page and update the account status.
Approve All Registrations Automatically
In case that the admin has little time to manage separate account sign-ups, he can enable the auto-activate account functions. What makes this feature outstanding from the default functionality is that the admin can later change the account status.
Inform Customers Via Emails
Anytime the admin updates the account status, an email notification will be sent to the customer’s email. The email template and other settings are available in the backend.
Show Messages On Login Attempt
The admin can tailor pending or disapproval messages to show in the storefront. These messages will inform the customers whether their accounts are available or not.
Streamline Customer Account Management
The Magento 2 Customer Activation extension helps the admin control customer accounts to ensure that the valuable on-site information targets the right people. Moreover, it saves time and effort for the admin when dealing with a long list of spam accounts.
Comes At A Surprisingly Affordable Price
Though the Magento 2 approve customer registration features are relatively simple, they are beneficial and easy to use. The competitive price is another plus.
Contact us if you have any questions or want us to install the extension.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.0 (obsolete), 2.1 (obsolete), 2.2 (obsolete)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.0 (obsolete), 2.1 (obsolete), 2.2 (obsolete)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3 (current)
08 January, 2021
Extensions, Marketing, CRM
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
v1.1.4: Fix bug not sending email on Magento 2.3.3
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.0 2.1 2.2
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.0 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
v1.0.0: First Release
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor