Shipment Tracking and Customer Notification
OverviewBack to top
ShipTracker automatcally tracks every shipment added (into your orders) using AfterShip or Trackingmore. ShipTracker notifies your customers with an email after any change in the status of the shipment, and offers a shipment tracking page into your shop that keeps your customers updated at any time. For the tracking, the extension uses 3rd party tracking APIs/services that support more than 400 carriers worldwide. At this time this extension is only compatible with AfterShip and TrackingMore, however we intend to add more providers in future updates.
Whenever a tracking number is added within a shipment, the extension posts it to the prefered tracking API. Also connects to the API every 15 minutes to get data about all the pending/non-delivered shipments of the shop. When there is a change in a shipment, it updates the respective database tables and notifies with an email the recipent of the shipment. This way your customers are well informed about the location and the estimated delivery of their goods, after these have left the shop.
It is built with automation and performance in mind. Hence it can handle big amounts of data.
For the tracking, the extension uses one of the following 3rd party services:
AfterShip (Free up to 100 shipments/month)
TrackingMore (Free up to 500 shipments the 1st month)
Both services cover up to 400 carriers all over the world and offer very low prices/shipment. An active account is required in one of the above services.
- Automated tracking, of the shop's shipments, updated every 15 minutes.
- Email notifications sent to the customer/recipient, after any change in the status of the shipment.
Do note: The emails are submitted from the shop and they are totally configurable (like any email in Magento).
- Configurable front-end tracking page which can be visited by the customer at any time.
This page offers details about the shipment but can also be used for marketing activities like sales and feedbacks.
- All the processes are fully automated and run without any human interaction.
- Agnostic to the selected tracking service. That means that even if you change your tracking service some time, the extension will work and all your past data will be functional.
- Track shipments with over 400 carriers with just 1 account in 1 of the suppoted tracking services.
No more need to have access to each one of your carriers's APIs.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
Overcomes the tracking api limits (usual 100 trackings/request) by requesting the api several times.
Error in Magento's Tracking Page
Ability to add custom carrier codes. Useful when custom carrier codes used in the trackings, without having a module for those carriers installed.