Barcode Inventory allows you to update stock using a Barcode Scanner
Update inventory safely, Supports all barcode scanner, Optimized user interface
OverviewBack to top
When an e-commerce website has a high sales volume, manual inventory processes can be prohibitively long.
A barcode scanner can save you a considerable amount of time if your products are labeled with a barcode on the packaging.
If your products don't come with a barcode label, you can create your own using our Barcode Label Extension
- Expedite Purchase Order Reception
- Automatic stock decrease for Order Preparation
- Define Stock Level with a Scan
- Compatible with All Barcode Scanners
- No configuration required, Instant Access
In the Logistic Center, stock levels are constantly being increased or decreased. When performed manually, these tasks are time-consuming and can result in stock errors.
Supplier deliveries can arrive when the warehouse is experiencing a rush. Adding the newly received products can take a lot of time when you have to manually select the product in your Magento 2 back-end and apply the quantity received. Errors are prevalent with this method.
Add a barcode scanner to the process to save precious time and eliminate errors. The Barcode Inventory extension for Magento 2 will allow you to pick up and scan any product, straight from the delivery truck. The system automatically identifies the product and increases the stock quantity by 1 unit. Simply re-scan the product for every unit in the delivery.
The best way to identify a product is by using a barcode scanner. With Barcode Inventory, you can scan product barcodes and update inventory quickly and accurately.
As soon as you scan a barcode, the product will appear instantly, requiring no additional search.
Barcode inventory supports all USB Barcode Scanners and offers 3 configurations to update inventory:
- Increase Mode: Each time you scan a barcode, the stock level is increased by 1. This mode is very effective for restocking or during a purchase order reception.
- Decrease Mode: Each time you scan a barcode, the stock level is decreased by 1. This mode is mainly used to update inventory for sales.
- Manual Mode: Scan the barcode and manually enter the new stock level. This mode helps for stock intake and inventory control.
How does it work?
- The first step is to configure Barcode Inventory to select the Magento attribute that contains the barcodes. Once done, you can start using the extension immediately.
- Choose a Default Mode for Scan action (Increase / Decrease / Manual) if required
- Go into Menu> Product > Barcode Inventory, to prepare the system for scanning.
- On each Barcode scan, the system retrieves the product and displays the information on the screen. If no product is found, an error message is displayed and a tone will ring to signal that the barcode is not recognized.
- Each scan is logged at the bottom, with the product information and the new stock level.
- Once you are finished with the updates, click on the save button to update product inventories.
- If you need to modify the scan action, simply click on the corresponding button to change the mode.
- Open Source
- 15 days Money Back
- Free Online Support
- 1 time Subscription
- Custom Development
- Professional Installation Service
- Live Chat
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.0
- Stability: Stable Build
First Stable Release