OverviewBack to top
Having an E-commerce website, you will have to maintain various payment methods to ease the payment process for the customers. Having various payment methods in your store demands the management to handle them wisely. If not handled well, it will leave them in vain. Your business may not provide all payment options to all customers.
This module also helps if you have a premium payment method, which can be granted only to the premium customers but not to the other groups. In such cases, managing the difference in the payment method is more difficult than the normal scenario. Therefore, Ameex has developed the Group Based Payment Restriction extension for Magento 2. This will enable you to restrict the payment methods based on Customer Groups. Hence the above scenario could be done seamlessly.
- The extension can be enabled from the backend when needed.
- The module restricts the display and use of payment methods based on the customer group.
- The admin can decide on which payment method has to be restricted for the specific customer group. Those customers can only use the payment methods that are available for them.
- Such restrictions encourage the customers to upgrade their customer group by registering or upgrading to premium or any other membership, which can benefit your store.
- This extension will allow you to offer premium payment options to your wholesalers or loyal customers by restricting them to other customers.
How It Works:
After integrating the extension with Magento, the admin will add customer groups and payment methods that have to be restricted. You can add the same customers ‘n’ number of times thereby restricting them from using the given payment methods.
For example, Guest users (the ones who are not logged in) can be restricted from using 3 payment methods (Check/money, Credit Card, Purchase Order). The admin has to add three rows, one for each payment methods having the customer group as ‘NOT LOGGED IN’. Once the admin configures the customer groups and payment methods that have to be restricted, the respective payment method will not be displayed for them. Please find the below three scenarios:
- Restricting Check/Money payment method for ‘NOT LOGGED IN’ customer group
- Restricting Credit Card Direct Post payment method for ‘General’ customer group
- Restricting Cash on Delivery payment method for ‘Ameex User’ customized customer group
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
18 July, 2019
Extensions, Payments & Security, Checkout Enhancements
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
This is the initial version of the module
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor