Provides merchants with a necessary tool set to comply with some of the most essential GDPR regulations.
OverviewBack to top
The latest implementation of GDPR imposes additional obligations so now businesses need to collect customer consents upon the use and processing of individual information, allow customers to access, copy, and erase their personal data, which can take much time and cause some information losses in case if vast customer bases are processed.
The GDPR extension for Magento allows organizing this process tightly and getting control over the process of collecting consents and data request tracking. The GDPR module for Magento collects consents from both new and existing customers throughout registration, checkout or any other website pages. Customers are able to send data access and erasure requests directly from their accounts. The requests, verified and approved beforehand by email, are sent straight to the Magento backend and can be easily processed and managed there.
The Magento GDPR extension allows Magento merchants to control, manage and improve the overall compliance of their business activities with the GDPR requirements and:
- Allows them to decrease related customer complaints and reduce the risk of possible expenses;
- Makes customers feel that their personal information is properly and carefully used and processed;
- Builds the entire process manageable and transparent for both Magento admins and customers.
Data Access and Erasure
Right in their accounts, customers are able to request to access and delete their personal data, if necessary.
The email verification mechanism allows avoiding fake data requests and information leakage.
Consents Tracking and Management
All the submitted and verified consents are stored by the extension in the backend. So, Magento admins are always notified about new requests and can process them in a reasonable time. In case of data access requests, they can provide personal data in two formats - PDF (human-readable) and XML (machine-readable for data transfers). Erasing customer data is simple and takes only one click.
The GDPR Magento extension comes with the API that allows retrieving and erasing customer data from third-party application much simpler.
To explore the extension in more detail, follow the links:
Included technical support:
- Magento Open Source (CE) version - 3 months of free technical support
- Magento Commerce (EE) version - 12 months of free technical support
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Magento 2.3 compatibility
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build