Optimize navigation and let visitors search by categories, price ranges, color, and other product attributes.
OverviewBack to top
The extension requires the following FREE special service extension be installed in order to function properly: AW_All. Please make sure to install them BEFORE the main package. Read the documentation.
The Layered Navigation extension for Magento 1 enables online shoppers to precisely find the items of interest in a web store’s catalog via the enhanced product search filtering functionality.
The module adds new search filters to the left panel on catalog and search result pages. By selecting the provided attributes, users can quickly narrow down their product searches. Thanks to the Ajax technology, this layered navigation module for Magento 1 prevents page reloading even if multiple filters were selected.
Additionally, this layered navigation solution for Magento 1 enables admins to completely configure each individual filter option, from its title and look to visibility in particular categories. Even more options for Magento 2 stores - check out Layered Navigation for Magento 2!
Below, you can get acquainted with the major features of this Ajax layered navigation for Magento 1 module.
Customizable filter options
Admins can choose among several display types for each particular filter option, including checkboxes, radio buttons, range sliders, and ‘From – To’ numeric fields.
Additionally, the module makes it possible to configure the overall look of all filter options in general and each one in particular as follows:
- Attribute position sorting;
- Image and description adding;
- Column layout setting;
- Attribute title editing.
Filter display restrictions
With this advanced navigation module, admins can determine which filter options should be visible in particular categories. Thus, they can hide selected attributes for individual ones as well as exclude them from catalog and/or search result pages to avoid any confusion for customers.
Each filter option can be provided with a completely SEO optimized title.
With the Ajax technology implemented in the module, shoppers can seamlessly filter their product search results without unnerving page reloading.
Automatic filter saving
The current filter selection will be automatically saved next time a customer will view the page under the same URL. For this purpose, he/she should just add the link to the browser’s bookmarks and then go on with the same product search results whenever required.
Precise parameter setting
To pinpoint their search results, customers can independently specify numeric decimal or integer values for such attributes as size, weight, height, etc. if filter display type is a range slider of ‘From-To’ numerical fields.
With the Solr search technology implemented in the module, Magento Enterprise merchants can notably facilitate the product navigation process for their shoppers.
To experience the extension firsthand follow the links below:
Read the documentation.
Enhance Layered Navigation for Magento 1 with the following Aheadworks extensions:
- Advanced Search to find even more relevant search results with AJAX;
- Shop By Brand to sort items in a catalog by related brands with the additional brand filter.
Included technical support:
- Magento Open Source (CE) version - 3 months of free technical support
- Magento Commerce (EE) version - 6 months of free technical support
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 22.214.171.124 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 126.96.36.199 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 1.12 1.13 1.13.1 1.14 1.14.1 1.14.2 1.14.3
- Stability: Stable Build
+ An option to have a category tree expanded/collapsed by default
* Add strings to CSV-file
* Back browser button gets "no results" on search pages
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 188.8.131.52 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 184.108.40.206 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 1.12 1.13 1.13.1 1.14 1.14.1 1.14.2
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Observer speed improvement
* Category position synchronization issue
* RWD slider
* Template adjustments
* XML adjustments
* Stability and speed improvements
* Configurable swatches image switcher issue