Add AfterPay's easy and convenient Payment-After-Delivery methods to your shop. Available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, the Nordics, Netherlands and Belgium.
OverviewBack to top
AfterPay is a Pay After Delivery (PAD) system operating in Northern and Western Europe, offered by Arvato Financial Solutions (part of the Bertelsmann Group). Arvato Financial Solutions is a major European provider of outsourced financial services. Across its portfolio, Arvato offers a full-chain service - from payment handling and CRM to identity/fraud/risk management to debt collection, as well as its own fulfilment and delivery services. With this plugin, you can offer AfterPay's payment methods as options to customers during checkout. The customer receives an invoice when the order has shipped. The customer can try the goods before paying, send back the items they don't want, and only pay for what they keep.
The standard AfterPay invoice has a 14-day payment deadline, but customers can extend their payment deadlines, consolidate multiple invoices into a single payment, and split invoices into fixed or flexible monthly payments. Meanwhile, AfterPay settles with the merchant at the end of the next billing cycle and accepts all the credit and fraud risk on the merchant's behalf. The result is a payment method that is reliable for the merchant, convenient and flexible for the customer, and safe for everyone.
Account and Pricing
This plugin requires a separate account between you and AfterPay. You must contact AfterPay's sales team after installing the plugin. One of our Account Managers will provide the necessary credentials, or you can use our Developer Sandbox to test the API with no commitment. Additional fees apply. Pricing is flexible and based on your risk and sales factors. Fees start at €1.35 per transaction and 3.4% per order amount. Contact our sales team to receive a customized offer.
AfterPay does not store any additional information on the merchant's Magento server. The customer's basic information (name, billing/delivery address, email, national ID number where available) and the contents of the order are passed to AfterPay's eCommerce API over a secure HTTPS link, using an authentication key that is unique to the merchant. The actual payment of the invoice - whether by credit card, Direct Debit or manual bank transfer - is handled entirely outside the Magento server, via MyAfterPay.com, the service's Customer Portal.
Use of the AfterPay plugin does not incur any additional PCI/compliance burden on the Magento merchant. The data passed to AfterPay is the same as what is already routinely collected for any order.
How it Works
Here is an example transaction:
1) Your customer finds a pair of shoes they like in your Magento store, but are not sure which size fits better.
2) They order two pairs in different sizes, using AfterPay's standard 14-Day Invoice payment method.
3) They receive the shipment, find the size that fits perfectly, and send the other size back.
4) They only pay for the pair they kept - and they have two weeks from receiving the goods to do it!
You can capture and refund AfterPay orders directly from your Magento Admin.
- AfterPay service by digital invoice for Dutch customers
- AfterPay service by digital invoice for Dutch companies (B2B)
- AfterPay service by digital invoice for Belgian customers
- AfterPay service by digital invoice for German customers
- AfterPay service by SEPA direct debit for Dutch customers
- Capturing your invoices direct from within Magento 2
- Refund your orders direct from within Magento 2
Payment Methods & Availability
AfterPay offers the following payment methods:
- Digital Invoice - our standard method. The customer receives an invoice by email, and has 14 days to pay it. They can pay directly by bank transfer (details included in the invoice email), or go to MyAfterPay.com to pay by card, pause the invoice, or split it into monthly payments.
- Direct Debit - the customer provides their bank account number at checkout. When the invoice deadline is reached, the outstanding amount (less any returns, etc.) is automatically deducted from their bank account. No special actions are required from the consumer.
- Installment - this lets you offer fixed-term monthly payments as an option right in your checkout. The customer and order's eligibility is verified in AfterPay's backend systems as the checkout page loads.
You can have multiple AfterPay methods (direct debit, digital invoice, installments, etc.) on the same checkout page. You can offer AfterPay to customers from the following countries:
You can offer AfterPay as a B2B payment option in the Netherlands and Belgium.
The AfterPay Advantage
Conversion rates rise by an average of 15% if AfterPay is available as a payment method. Consumers prefer to have the option of payment after delivery. In fact, there is a large group of online consumers who will only buy if they can pay later!
Our experience shows that turnover can increase by 15%-25% if you have a Pay After Delivery option in your checkout. You can offer this in your Magento storefront reliably, securely and easily using this official AfterPay plugin.
Our extension is developed by certified Magento 2 developers and has been carefully tested on all Magento 2.x versions. It complies with all Magento Coding Standards and best practices.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
Fixed issue with Zend Logger which caused problems in the checkout process.