OverviewBack to top
Display selected customer groups on the signup form and allow customers to choose relevant customer group during registration. Instead of doing it yourself, let your customer decide which customer group suits them best.
While your customer selects the user groups by themselves, you can also enable manual approvals on selected user groups. You would need to approve the groups from the back office before your customer could enjoy the benefits linked to the group.
- Show 'All' or 'Selective Customer Groups' on the registration form
- Let your customers select relevant user groups at registration
- Put specific user groups on 'Manual Approve' and 'Rest on Auto-Approval'
- Approve customer group requests from the customer grid
- Email notifications for merchants and customers
- Customize the customer group dropdown titles
Auto Or Manual Customer Group Allocation
Merchants can enable the 'Auto or Manual' approval option from the back office for selected customer groups.
Manual approval will require the merchant to manually approve the selected user group after customer registration. The customer will get an email notification to notify the requested user group that requires manual approval from the Store Admin. Meanwhile, the customer will be assigned to the default customer group. As soon as the merchant approves the user group, an email will be sent to notify the customer they have been assigned to the requested user group.
From the back office, the Admin can put specific customer groups on auto-approval. When a user selects a customer group on the registration, it will be automatically be assigned to them and they will be able to enjoy all the benefits linked to that particular user group. There is no need for the Admin to approve them.
- Email notification for the Admin when the customer registers and selects a customer group that requires manual approval.
- Email notification for the user when they select a customer group on signup that requires manual approval.
- Email notification for the user when they request a customer group to be approved and assigned by the Admin.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
13 October, 2020
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.2 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
Compatibility with Magento 2.4
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor