Protect your Magento website against spam and other types of automated abuse, by using the official spam protection provided by Google.
OverviewBack to top
With the Absolute Google reCAPTCHA extension you can protect your Magento website from spam and abuse while letting real people pass through with ease. You can sign up for a FREE account with Google, instructions of which are included during the setup procedure when enabling the Absolute Google reCAPTCHA extension in Stores > Configuration > Absolute Commerce > reCaptcha, or you can sign up for a free account straight away.
- Add Google reCAPTCHA spam protection to your Magento website
- Includes support for Google reCAPTCHA V2
- Includes support for Google Invisible reCAPTCHA (NEW)
- Even reCAPTCHA V2 appears ‘invisible’ thanks to show/hide functionality
- Zero development implementation, works with newsletter subscription out of the box
- Add to more forms using CSS selector, no development or template modification required
- Customise look and feel of reCAPTCHA V2 without needing to modify templates
- Supports adding reCAPTCHA to multiple forms on the same web page
- Option to hide the Google badge when using Invisible reCAPTCHA (read google terms)
- Debug mode allows you to see failed attempts
- Optional hostname validation for XSS protection
What is "Google reCAPTCHA"?
Google reCAPTCHA is a free service, provided and maintained by Google, that protects your website from spam and abuse.
reCAPTCHA uses an advanced risk analysis engine and adaptive CAPTCHAs to keep automated software from engaging in abusive activities on your site. It does this while letting your valid users pass through with ease. If Google suspects one of your visitors to not be a 'human', it will automatically present a small logical problem that any human can easily solve, but a robot or spam agent cannot.
How does it work?
By installing this extension on your Magento website you can prevent spam bots from automatically populating your newsletter subscriber list with junk email addresses, and protect any other form on your website as required.
This extension provides an ‘invisible’ approach so your customers do not see an ugly CAPTCHA image to fill out and the entire process happens behind the scenes when you select Google Invisible reCAPTCHA mode. With Google reCAPTCHA V2 your customers only see the “I’m not a robot’ on selecting an element of your form.
Try before you buy
Head over to our test Magento 1.9 website and try the newsletter subscription form to try the functionality for yourself.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.6 1.6.1 220.127.116.11 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build